Page 1 of 703 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that annoy you

Little things that annoy you

Now, i'm usually a fairly tolerant person, but it's the little things that annoy me. Here are some to start you off and the only requirement is that you justify yours, no matter how petty or misguided.

• Cous cous – try sawdust as a cheap and tastier alternative.
    • Betterware catalogue people – if you put junk mail through my letterbox then disturb me a week later asking for it back, don’t expect anything other than a frosty reception.
    • The Big Issue – homeless person, I applaud you for getting off your backside and trying to get a few quid together, but I won’t be buying your magazine today. It’s not because I don’t think you’re deserving, it’s because it’s a crap magazine so don’t make me feel guilty.
    • People who do imaginary golf swings – stop acting like a ponce.
    • Stephen Hawking – I’m still not convinced that he’s the brains of the operation and it’s not the computer doing all the work.
    • Cucumber – over 90% water and it still tastes like that?
    • People who work in Vision Express – what’s with the attitude?
    Last edited by LOG; 24 November 2010 at 15:02.

Re: Little things that annoy you

PeteUSA's posts.

Quote Originally Posted by iscalad View Post
    PeteUSA's posts.
    They're not little. They're generally mahoosive.

They are *****ing annoying though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fareham Grecian View Post
    They're not little. They're generally mahoosive.

They are *****ing annoying though.
    Point conceded.

Failing miserably to get into Stroudy's mind but somehow on the scoreboard

Quote Originally Posted by LOG View Post
    Now, i'm usually a fairly tolerant person, but it's the little things that annoy me. Here are some to start you off and the only requirement is that you justify yours, no matter how petty or misguided.

• Cous cous Ė try sawdust as a cheap and tastier alternative.
    • Betterware catalogue people Ė if you put junk mail through my letterbox then disturb me a week later asking for it back, donít expect anything other than a frosty reception.
    • The Big Issue Ė homeless person, I applaud you for getting off your backside and trying to get a few quid together, but I wonít be buying your magazine today. Itís not because I donít think youíre deserving, itís because itís a crap magazine so donít make me feel guilty.
    • People who do imaginary golf swings Ė stop acting like a ponce.
    • Stephen Hawking Ė Iím still not convinced that heís the brains of the operation and itís not the computer doing all the work.
    • Cucumber Ė over 90% water and it still tastes like that?
    • People who work in Vision Express Ė whatís with the attitude?
    Perhaps you do not buy the right cous cous or fail to serve it with the appropriate Moroccan fare and bottle of rough Algerian wine. A traditional cous cous dish should contain seven different vegetables.

Here to help.

Ants - Always in my *****ing jam
    Fish - They're just boring
    Snails - See above
    Slightly gone off milk - It's just irritating when the milk almost smells and tastes right but you know that something's a bit wrong
    Stamps - The ones with the new oval shaped things that are supposed to stop you using them again, but always come off before you can use them once.
    Safety pins - Not so *****ing safe when one jabs it's way into your arse cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair20000 View Post
    Perhaps you do not buy the right cous cous or fail to serve it with the appropriate Moroccan fare and bottle of rough Algerian wine. A traditional cous cous dish should contain seven different vegetables.
    That, dear boy, is exactly my point. If you have to add in several other ingredients to make it edible, then you shouldn't be eating it in the first place.

That, dear boy, is exactly my point. If you have to add in several other ingredients to make it edible, then you shouldn't be eating it in the first place.
    Hmmm. I think that more people should live by this philosophy. Although there may be a few problems. For example, flour isn't very nice on it's own but if you add a bunch of other stuff then you get biscuits, which are nice.....except Rich Tea, they're sh*t.

People talking about annoying things.

Failing miserably to get into Stroudy's mind but somehow on the scoreboard

Now is that because you are just a lazy cook or would a session at the Ashburton Cookery School be of some benefit ?