• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

Red the Paper

Banned
Rather than have a new thread for every death of a political nobody, king of pop, reality TV tart or gay backing singer we should have one thread to encompass the lot.

Would save all this outpouring of fake grief from people who never knew the dead person in the first place, yet feel they have a right to comment on their life in the first place.

Not sure who to start with so will leave it up to someone on here who actually gives a sh*t.

Incontinentia

Good idea. But rather than comment on each one, I would like to leave this all purpose tribute:

I never knew him/her/them (delete as applicable) but was touched by his/her/their (delete as applicable) music/humanity/roving hands (delete as applicable).

Red the Paper

Banned
Excellent work Incontinentia. Like it

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I 4-1 will mourn the death of the individual tribute thread. It provided comfort and purpose to those with too little else in their lives, and will be sadly missed. You're a cruel man RtP.

RIP.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rather than have a new thread for every death of a political nobody, king of pop, reality TV tart or gay backing singer we should have one thread to encompass the lot.

Would save all this outpouring of fake grief from people who never knew the dead person in the first place, yet feel they have a right to comment on their life in the first place.

Not sure who to start with so will leave it up to someone on here who actually gives a sh*t.
I'm not sure if this is an attempt at a woosh or not but it looks like Stephen Gately from Boyzone has started the ball rolling for you, RtP, as he died over night at the age of 33. I'm no fan of him or Boyzone but to die in seemingly good spirits at such a young age is a bit of a shocker no matter who it is.

mwallace

is anyone doing one of those Celebrity Death Pools???

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
is anyone doing one of those Celebrity Death Pools???
Michael Barrymore????

mwallace

Michael Barrymore????
HA (alledgely)

i mean one of those sweeps where u pick a celeb and pay, like, 50p a week and the celebs names are put into individual envolopes and all the entrants write their own name on the envelope and are given the full list of names.

when one celeb on the list dies the envelopes are openned.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe you should think about running one for next year?

mwallace

nah, i think these things should be done i private cos some people do like their celebs and kick off about it

although the ones that don't agree are also the ones with lots are of ideas for celebs to pick