Page 323 of 329 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 3284

Thread: The Conference and non league football thread

Re: The Conference and non league football thread

A great article on Twitter.Search for : popularSTAND fanzine. : It’s about the clusterfkcu that Doncaster Rovers were in 1997/98 leading to their relegation to the Conference...Geller turned up in the Donny dressing room at one game,not a good omen for them

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    Glenn Tamplinn has sacked himself as manage of Billiericay Town. This probably should be on the "Things that Amuse you Thread".
    He's now reappointed himself as manager.

Damon Lathrope of Woking has been forced to retire aged 28. He's been at Torquay and Aldershot in recent seasons.

He suffered a horrendous injury last week in the 0-0 against Boreham Wood, in a challenge with former Grecian Danny Woodards. It was a 50-50 but Lathrope was immediately in a very bad way and most of the Woking players who saw it turned away in sheer horror. After 35 minutes treatment on the pitch, an ambulance finally turned up and he was stretchered away. Despite an operation, the damage to his leg and his blood circulation is so bad he won't pay play again.

A cursory reminder that such things could happen to any player at any level at any time, and you can't blame players for extracting the maximum personal financial gain from the game while they can.

Darlington's new grandstand opens this Saturday

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Probably going to look similar to our new away end .......... Awaits the "its going to look tinpot" comments lol.

UTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    Darlington's new grandstand opens this Saturday

A bit smaller than the much maligned Reynolds Arena isn't it?

I thought Darlo were playing at Bishop Auckland and hadn't managed to find a ground yet? Must look into that later as i'm intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Legohead View Post
    A bit smaller than the much maligned Reynolds Arena isn't it?

I thought Darlo were playing at Bishop Auckland and hadn't managed to find a ground yet? Must look into that later as i'm intrigued.
    Does the Reynolds Arena still exist ? I seem to remember some years ago that there was talk of it being pulled down and the land redeveloped.

Perhaps we missed a trick there, and could have saved a bit of money on the SJP Redevelopment by offering to take two sides away for free !

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

CB just googled that name and came up with this .... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Darlington_Arena

18 Million to build a 25,000 seater stadium and the highest att 11600 then back down to playing in front of an average gate of 1500 talk about shouting to the guy next to you " Its a good game aint it mate "

Then the egg chasers picking it up at a bargain price.
    Last edited by ramone; 08 March 2018 at 23:02.

Cheers Ramone.

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    Probably going to look similar to our new away end .......... Awaits the "its going to look tinpot" comments lol.

UTC.
    Appreciate it isn't going to happen, however something shallow like that could have been placed in the gap between the new stand and the big bank. I am pleased that the redevelopment is happening, but I understand why some would have liked to see something small in that space.