• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is Matt Taylor better than Christiano Ronaldo?

Gary Neville quote on ITV regarding Christiano Ronaldo, as part of Euro 2008: "... Left and right footed, built like a light-heavyweight and he heads the ball like a second division centre half ..."

As Matt Taylor is now one such aforesaid second division centre half, I'm sure which one of the two I'd prefer to see heading the ball - and he's not poncing about in Austria!

Matt Taylor: "... Left and right footed, built like a proper heavyweight, and a more lethal header of the ball than Christiano Ronaldo ..." ;)

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Shouldn't it be Cristiano?

So in answer to your question, yes he is better.

iscalad

Ronaldo can't play Centre Half for toffee and as for his goalkeeping skills....
So has to be Matt

Antony Moxey

If Ronaldo was any good then Tis would have signed him.

ah but I bet Matt can`t do a triple sumersault with pike whilst tripping over a blade of grass to win a crucial penalty also known as doing a sills

Last edited:

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

Has Ronaldo ever donned a head bandage and changed shirt through being covered in his own blood?

There's your answer....

loobygrecian

ah but I bet Matt can`t do a triple sumersault with pike whilst tripping over a blade of grass to win a crucial penalty also known as doing a sills

He's paid to play football, not ponce about doing acrobatics and being a drama queen!! ;-) Some players think that its more important to fall over pretending their in agony than just get up & get on with it!!

Last edited:

Max Payne 2

But you're missing the other question here. If Matt Taylor had been in our defence against Man Utd back in 2005 would it have made a difference to Ronaldo scoring in the 9th minute?

greenawayr

YES, he and Scott Hiley would've stood either side of him and nutmegged him till he became dizzy, fell over and began crying in the normal Ronaldo manner. He wouldn't have been on the pitch to score that goal.

Also Matt Taylor would've been up front to put that volley that Sean Devine missed, into the United net and we would've won, installed as new favourites for the FA cup and consequently, gone on to win it. What might have been!!!

Max Payne 2

A pint of whatever beverage he's drinking, barkeep.