• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Assassins’ Creed. Film of the game (which I haven’t played) with Michael Fassbender as the last descendent of the last assassin to see the Apple of Eden. Whoever controls the Apple controls free will with the assassins sworn to protect the Apple from the Knights Templar.

Anyways, our hero straps into some sort of machine that lets him access his ancestor’s memories back in 15th century Spain which is where the best action and fights take place. It’s a bit of a poor man’s Matrix really, but based on a video game there was never much chance of an Oscar winning story line, but having said all that if you can put up with dreary and overly talky modern day bits the Middle Ages bits are worth the effort.

Could have been a lot better, but considering its origins it’s probably as good as could be expected. 6/10

Avening Posse

Y TU MAMA - Mexican film about a road trip to a mythical beach with 2 late teens pals and their beautiful and slightly older companion. Great film, sad twist at the end 9/10

Swanaldo

trip to a mythical beach with 2 late teens pals and their beautiful and slightly older companion.
That's exactly the plot of Weekend at Bernies. Is this a Spanish remake?

Antony Moxey

The Good Dinosaur. A young dinosaur gets separated from his family after a huge storm and has to find his way back home. Obvious nods to The Lion King and Finding Nemo are no bad thing as both are excellent films with this not too far behind. And as ever these animations really do translate well to 3D. Thoroughly enjoyed it (as much, I think, as my niece who watched it with me) 7/10.

IndoMike

The Good Dinosaur. A young dinosaur gets separated from his family after a huge storm and has to find his way back home. Obvious nods to The Lion King and Finding Nemo are no bad thing as both are excellent films with this not too far behind. And as ever these animations really do translate well to 3D. Thoroughly enjoyed it (as much, I think, as my niece who watched it with me) 7/10.
Couldn't get past the first two lines of your post : I'm here in tears.

Antony Moxey

Couldn't get past the first two lines of your post : I'm here in tears.
I won’t spoil the ending by telling you what happens but you may or may not remain in tears for the remainder of the film.

Mr Jinx

Bad Santa 2

More lewd and crude that its predecessor (if that is even possible) which some will see as a very good or bad thing. Many laugh out loud and gross out moments.

8.5/10

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Son of Bigfoot - as part of Madam's upcoming Birthday we took her and a few friends on Saturday morning to see this. Young lad growing up believing his Dad to be dead suddenly starts having strange things happen to him, such as his hair growing rapidly, sensitive hearing and his feet also growing. He then discovers letters sent between his parents that confirm his Dad is alive. Sets out to find him, discovers he is Bigfoot and had to live in hiding. They bond, and Dad teaches son the way of the jungle, but then Dad is captured by a megalomaniac head of a hair conglomerate who wants his DNA for a miracle hair growth product. Cue fighting and whatnot.

The kids enjoyed it, I did too (from a low expectation base) - some major holes in the plot development but it got the job done. 6/10.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I won’t spoil the ending by telling you what happens but you may or may not remain in tears for the remainder of the film.
It rather depends if we get to see a giant asteroid 6 miles across plunge into the Gulf of Mexico causing massive earthquakes, tsunamis and stratospheric dust blotting out sunlight causing global darkness and extreme drops in temperature? ;)

Antony Moxey

Well, you’ll need to watch it and find out. All I can do is tell you how much I enjoyed it and invite you to try it for yourself and see if you enjoy it too.