Page 662 of 663 FirstFirst ... 162562612652660661662663 LastLast
Results 6,611 to 6,620 of 6623

Thread: Last film watched..

Re: Last film watched..

Assassins’ Creed. Film of the game (which I haven’t played) with Michael Fassbender as the last descendent of the last assassin to see the Apple of Eden. Whoever controls the Apple controls free will with the assassins sworn to protect the Apple from the Knights Templar.

Anyways, our hero straps into some sort of machine that lets him access his ancestor’s memories back in 15th century Spain which is where the best action and fights take place. It’s a bit of a poor man’s Matrix really, but based on a video game there was never much chance of an Oscar winning story line, but having said all that if you can put up with dreary and overly talky modern day bits the Middle Ages bits are worth the effort.

Could have been a lot better, but considering its origins it’s probably as good as could be expected. 6/10

Y TU MAMA - Mexican film about a road trip to a mythical beach with 2 late teens pals and their beautiful and slightly older companion. Great film, sad twist at the end 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by Avening Posse View Post
    trip to a mythical beach with 2 late teens pals and their beautiful and slightly older companion.
    That's exactly the plot of Weekend at Bernies. Is this a Spanish remake?

The Good Dinosaur. A young dinosaur gets separated from his family after a huge storm and has to find his way back home. Obvious nods to The Lion King and Finding Nemo are no bad thing as both are excellent films with this not too far behind. And as ever these animations really do translate well to 3D. Thoroughly enjoyed it (as much, I think, as my niece who watched it with me) 7/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    The Good Dinosaur. A young dinosaur gets separated from his family after a huge storm and has to find his way back home. Obvious nods to The Lion King and Finding Nemo are no bad thing as both are excellent films with this not too far behind. And as ever these animations really do translate well to 3D. Thoroughly enjoyed it (as much, I think, as my niece who watched it with me) 7/10.
    Couldn't get past the first two lines of your post : I'm here in tears.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Couldn't get past the first two lines of your post : I'm here in tears.
    I won’t spoil the ending by telling you what happens but you may or may not remain in tears for the remainder of the film.

Bad Santa 2

More lewd and crude that its predecessor (if that is even possible) which some will see as a very good or bad thing. Many laugh out loud and gross out moments.

8.5/10

Son of Bigfoot - as part of Madam's upcoming Birthday we took her and a few friends on Saturday morning to see this. Young lad growing up believing his Dad to be dead suddenly starts having strange things happen to him, such as his hair growing rapidly, sensitive hearing and his feet also growing. He then discovers letters sent between his parents that confirm his Dad is alive. Sets out to find him, discovers he is Bigfoot and had to live in hiding. They bond, and Dad teaches son the way of the jungle, but then Dad is captured by a megalomaniac head of a hair conglomerate who wants his DNA for a miracle hair growth product. Cue fighting and whatnot.

The kids enjoyed it, I did too (from a low expectation base) - some major holes in the plot development but it got the job done. 6/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    I won’t spoil the ending by telling you what happens but you may or may not remain in tears for the remainder of the film.
    It rather depends if we get to see a giant asteroid 6 miles across plunge into the Gulf of Mexico causing massive earthquakes, tsunamis and stratospheric dust blotting out sunlight causing global darkness and extreme drops in temperature?

Well, you’ll need to watch it and find out. All I can do is tell you how much I enjoyed it and invite you to try it for yourself and see if you enjoy it too.