Page 653 of 653 FirstFirst ... 153553603643651652653
Results 6,521 to 6,527 of 6527

Thread: Last film watched..

Re: Last film watched..

American Assassin. Would like to know if they made it 18 to generate some interest. Poorly edited and full of plot holes. Probably the worse film I've seen in 2017. 3/10.

The Big Sick

Reading the film's synopsis (below) was almost enough to put me off watching it initially, but after finding out Judd Apatow produced it I gave it a go and was very glad I did. Entertaining and funny love story but without the schmaltz.

9/10

"A Pakistan-born comedian and grad student fall in love but struggle as their cultures clash. When she contracts a mysterious illness, he finds himself forced to face her feisty parents, his family's expectations and his true feelings."

Wonder Woman.

Origin story of everyone's favourite lasso-wielding Amazon warrior. Bit of a film of two halves this one, we see the young Diana growing up on a female-only secret island, learning swordplay and general badassery. A handsome Allied pilot crashes into the sea one day and Diana follows him to London in an effort to single-handedly stop WWI. Cue a sequence of Crocodile Dundee/Superman I type fish-out-of-water gags. So far, so good, but the film loses its way after that, as they assemble a ragtag bunch consisting of Handsome Pilot, Wonder Woman, Sami - a Moroccan conman, a Native American called Chief and, err, Spud from Trainspotting. It's like they remade The Guns of Naverone with the Village People starring. It all goes a bit silly in the last 40 minutes, with Diana duffing up all the Germans on her own and throwing tanks about etc. Love conquers hate and the audience pukes. The End.

Decent enough romp, Gal Gadot certainly looks the part and you can't help but fall for her innocence and naivete. The rest of the cast are cut and paste good guys/bad guys/drunken Scottish sniper/mad scientist. A few decent action scenes nothing that hasn't already been done better in, say, Iron Man or Avengers movies.

6.1/10
    Last edited by Swanaldo; 18 September 2017 at 20:38.

Deadpool. Well that was fun. Most adult of the marvel output. 8/10

Whilst I did enjoy Wonder Woman, it was a bit derivative. As Swanny says, the gang brought together reminded me of the "Howling Commandos" but nowhere near as scary. Seemed to be added for comic effect, which didn't really work.

Quote Originally Posted by iscalad View Post
    Deadpool. Well that was fun. Most adult of the marvel output. 8/10

Whilst I did enjoy Wonder Woman, it was a bit derivative. As Swanny says, the gang brought together reminded me of the "Howling Commandos" but nowhere near as scary. Seemed to be added for comic effect, which didn't really work.
    Deadpool (1). Funny how we all have totally different opinions about things. I thought the superhero was annoying throughout and the humour was based on trying to shock. Also I cannot stand watching any kind of torture and had to look away when he was "operated" on . Most critics liked it, though.

Iron Sky.Low budget , cheesey , camp B sci fi movie.
    Really enjoyed it , I kept thinking of The Producers , Spring Time for Hitler and all that , in similar bad taste! 8/10

Never Go Back: A Jack Reacher film from the Lee Childs book series. Tom Cruise plays the ex military tough guy helping a military woman who has been wrongly accused of espionage to cover up for the nasty guys in the army importing drugs etc. Not the greatest storyline but nevertheless enjoyable 7/10