Page 677 of 700 FirstFirst ... 177577627667675676677678679687 ... LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,770 of 6999

Thread: Last film watched..

Re: Last film watched..

Viceroy's House. Not sure why we didn't get to see this at the cinema last year, wish we had. The story relates to the upcoming independence of India and the arrival of 'Dickie' Mountbatten (ably played by Hugh Bonneville) and his wife Edwina (Gillian Anderson). He had to deal with all the conflicts and tensions between the differing religions and arrive at a solution that satisfied everyone and no one. Well told and very interesting (historically accurate? Don't know). 8/10.

Agree Hants, enjoyable film but unfortunately there’s so little in the mainstream about those events it’s hard to tell how accurate it is.

Quote Originally Posted by feverpitch View Post
    The Darkest Hour, the Churchill one charting his rise to PM in WW2. It was a good watch but reports in the media of standing ovations in cinemas seem a bit OTT. 7/10.
    Saw this tonight. Very impressed with Gary Oldman. Excellent film, just not too sure how historically accurate the Underground scene was. 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    Viceroy's House. Not sure why we didn't get to see this at the cinema last year, wish we had. The story relates to the upcoming independence of India and the arrival of 'Dickie' Mountbatten (ably played by Hugh Bonneville) and his wife Edwina (Gillian Anderson). He had to deal with all the conflicts and tensions between the differing religions and arrive at a solution that satisfied everyone and no one. Well told and very interesting (historically accurate? Don't know). 8/10.
    Watched this last weekend with the good lady, We both enjoyed it but it seemed to be lacking in something, The setting was awesome but it glossed over the obvious and extreme poverty that would have been around back then when the town scenes were filmed plus we thought it was a bit "Downton Abby" in style and a little flaky

Baywatch. It’s got the Rock in it and a bunch of ridiculously fit burrds, especially the one playing CJ. Apparently, like the TV series, there was a story but sadly unlike the TV series it was littered with F-words throughout, which given the background as as early evening family TV was completely unnecessary and spoilt what was a proper hoot of a film. The scene in the morgue had me in stitches. 5/10, would have been a lot higher if it wasn’t for the swearing.

Well chuffed so far with the start of the post Cheeseassic age

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    Baywatch. It’s got the Rock in it and a bunch of ridiculously fit burrds, especially the one playing CJ. Apparently, like the TV series, there was a story but sadly unlike the TV series it was littered with F-words throughout, which given the background as as early evening family TV was completely unnecessary and spoilt what was a proper hoot of a film. The scene in the morgue had me in stitches. 5/10, would have been a lot higher if it wasn’t for the swearing.
    Agreed. The bad language was entirely unnecessary and detracted from the fillum.

"Black Panther". Not a great fan of superhero films but there was so much hype surrounding the film that I took my lady to have a look. Some innovative ideas, acting variable, dialogue ranging from good to corny, special effects good, storyline good. I confess I was entertained : I'll give it 8/10.

The Darkest Hour.Oldman brilliant. 10/10

Fast and Furious 8. It doesn’t get any better the second time around.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri = A daughter is raped and murdered and her mother believes the local police force are not doing enough to find the killer........lots of great acting, interwoven plots and even some dark humour, best film I have seen for ages, 9/10