Page 676 of 705 FirstFirst ... 176576626666674675676677678686 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,760 of 7049

Thread: Last film watched..

Re: Last film watched..

I know what you mean about the way a group of characters converse, he does that in a lot of films. However, I just thought it a good action film that was well paced and a more than decent watch. You could, of course, download it again and fast forward to your cut off point and watch from there.

And off on a different tangent I found the original Bladerunner on Sky movies today so having downloaded it will watch it later - haven’t seen it for a number of years now - before revisiting 2049 again.

Quote Originally Posted by LOG View Post
    That irritating way that the characters speak to each other when in a group situation. I can't describe what i mean but if i pointed it out you'd recognise it.
    Does it fall into the category of "cool but pointless stuff that's only in the film because it looks good in the trailer" - snappy soundbites and shots of girls in their knickers etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Swanaldo View Post
    Does it fall into the category of "cool but pointless stuff that's only in the film because it looks good in the trailer" - snappy soundbites and shots of girls in their knickers etc?
    It's when they all talk really quickly and there's no gap between one character finishing and the next one starting. This may or may not involve girls in bikinis.
    Last edited by LOG; 05 February 2018 at 21:12.

Early Man. A Nick Park animated film. Probably the best football film ever made! Plenty of humour throughout as you'd expect from the creator of Wallace and Gromit. Not too much 'live' football action to annoy the purists. A great way to spend 89 minutes. 10/10.

Yangste Incident: Richard Todd.

The true story of the escape down the Yangste river by the frigate HMS Amethyst after being cut-off from the sea by units of the Chinese People's Liberation Army. Todd* plays Lieutenant Commander John Kerans, the navel Attache rushed to take command after the captain dies of his wounds. 9/10

Richard Todd was no military slouch himself having been one of the first British officers to land in Normandy as part of Operation Overlord.

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffy View Post
    Yangste Incident: Richard Todd.

The true story of the escape down the Yangste river by the frigate HMS Amethyst after being cut-off from the sea by units of the Chinese People's Liberation Army. Todd* plays Lieutenant Commander John Kerans, the navel Attache rushed to take command after the captain dies of his wounds. 9/10

Richard Todd was no military slouch himself having been one of the first British officers to land in Normandy as part of Operation Overlord.
    Have not long started to build a replica of the Amethyst with a couple of slight changes as she was a sister ship to HMS Mermaid a Black swan class sloop the one on which my Father served during WW2, Wish now I had found a local model boat builder as its a bit above my level for replicas lol.

Murder on the Orient Express - never read the book or watched any other adaptation so didn't know the story beyond "someone killed on train, Poirot does Poirot stuff". I guess the book must be better because I didn't see the fuss, although thought Branagh was quite good in the role. It nipped along at a better pace than I expected but I still found myself zoning out a bit in the middle reel. 6.5/10.

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    Have not long started to build a replica of the Amethyst with a couple of slight changes as she was a sister ship to HMS Mermaid a Black swan class sloop the one on which my Father served during WW2, Wish now I had found a local model boat builder as its a bit above my level for replicas lol.
    I recall a report that officers on the bridge of a US Iowa class battleship anchored in Portland harbour, looked on in amazement as the battered ship that portrayed the Amethyst steamed in. They even messaged her wanting to know what was going on.

Blade Runner. Was never really sure about this one when it first came out and although I’ve seen it a number of times it has to be at least a decade since I saw it last. Visually and musically it hasn’t aged as well as I’d expected, but the storyline’s a decent one even if it overdoes the gritty and atmospheric - there’s just too much rain and darkness for me, surely it’s sunny for the odd day or two in Los Angeles?

Anyway, having seen the second one the first answers a lot of questions and vice versa with both films complementing each other nicely. You should definitely see the first one first, and I guess the next step would be to watch the two back to back. Not just yet though!

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    Blade Runner. Was never really sure about this one when it first came out and although I’ve seen it a number of times it has to be at least a decade since I saw it last. Visually and musically it hasn’t aged as well as I’d expected, but the storyline’s a decent one even if it overdoes the gritty and atmospheric - there’s just too much rain and darkness for me, surely it’s sunny for the odd day or two in Los Angeles?

Anyway, having seen the second one the first answers a lot of questions and vice versa with both films complementing each other nicely. You should definitely see the first one first, and I guess the next step would be to watch the two back to back. Not just yet though!
    Many years ago we watched the Director's Cut. It added about 1 hour to the length of the film. The result being that the film was about 1 hour too long with absolutely nothing being added to the films worth in particular to the storyline.