Page 655 of 658 FirstFirst ... 155555605645653654655656657 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,550 of 6576

Thread: Last film watched..

Re: Last film watched..

Shane . The Masters of cinema remastered bluray version which had crystal clear picture and sound.
    To a western fan like me a great film. First time I saw it was in the middle sixties at the Odeon in a double bill with John Wayne's The Sons of Katy Elder which along with the news and a cartoon was thumping good value. For me my next to favorite western after Ride the High Country.

XXX The Return of Xander Cage. Vin Diesel's back as Dominic Turetto in Fast and Furious 9 but without the cars in a mix of XXX, F&F, Suicide Squad and Matrix. The only thing more laughable than the plot is the script with everyone a wisecracking mofo, but none of that matters a jot as the action is utterly over the top and relentless from start to finish. Loads of fights, loads of bullets, loads of explosions and absolutely zero brain cells required to enjoy one of the most ridiculous action films ever made. Which is why I loved it. 8/10

Bridgend. Dramatization of events in Bridgend a couple of years back where nearly 80 suicides were recorded over a relatively short time span. Not the best subject then, but not the best way of dramatising it either - the film basically showed a gang of feral teenagers doing whatever they liked wherever they liked with seemingly no consequences whatsoever amidst a dreary backdrop of a run down ex-mining town.

We learn nothing, we have no empathy with the a***hole characters, there is no joy or redemption, just annoyance at why it was ever made, what the makers hoped to achieve and what the point of all the stupid symbolism throughout the film was supposed to show. Utter, utter rubbish, probably the worst film I've ever seen. 0/10

'Away'. Spellbinding performances from Timothy Spall and Juno Temple. A rare gem imo.
    9/10
    Last edited by Pete Martin (CTID); 03 October 2017 at 10:26.

Baby Driver.

Teenage getaway driver gets in too deep with Mob boss Kevin Spacey, and tries to get out of the game (taking his gal with him, natch) before he gets killed.

Enjoyable enough action romp, Edgar Wright is trying a bit too hard to be the new Tarantino and a few moments were clear cases of style over substance. Jamie Foxx I thought was very good, not overly sold on the 'lead' actor - his face was permanently set to 'sullen teen'.

Worth a watch, not as good as the initial hype would have you believe.

8.1/10

Quote Originally Posted by Swanaldo View Post
    his face was permanently set to 'sullen teen'.
    That's why I haven't watched it, despite pretty decent reviews. He annoyed me even in watching just the trailer, so I decided it wasn't worth it.

Goodbye Christopher Robin. I quite enjoyed it, a bit of a tearjerker according to the wife. Good twist towards the end. Disliked AS Milne and his wife for being awful parents but Dad sort of got it together with the boy before writing the Pooh stories. 7/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo View Post
    He annoyed me even in watching just the trailer, so I decided it wasn't worth it.
    There's a bit where the gang are discussing their 'getaway' soundtrack song. Baby's is a Queen song

Despite all that, I think you'd enjoy the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    Bit of a tearjerker according to the wife.
    Aye right.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanaldo View Post
    Baby's is a Queen song
    Just reinforces my opinon that he's a c**t and can't be trusted