• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ten years?

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
, but all the same, all this licky licky fawning is a bit too, um, American for my liking.

Gayers.
Oh Ant, you really should get in touch with your feminine side..:p

Antony Moxey

I try mate, I try..

:D

Poultice

Get a grip yourself Anton!
I think he was typing left handed in order to maitain his grip.

We live in a world of taking stuff for granted, more especially by the younger element amongst us, and th'interweb is just one more thing that is out there for general use without any real consideration of its value. A large part of the web is designed to make money so it is fair play, the fastest growing parts of it are sites which create communities like Exeweb, most of these are managed by " enthusiasts " either out of some sense of magnanimous philanthropy or in some cases merely to convince you of the validity of a particular point of view.

Without Exeweb my default apathy, alligned to the lack of games which I am getting to this year, would I am sure result in declining interest in the club, fortunately the museings of such luminaries as........................well, the general museage keeps me sharp.

Thanks Steve.

p.s. Advertise the bank account details where I don't have to look for them and I will get the Trouble to send you a few quid.

LammieLammieLammie

This is so City.

What starts off as something good, celebrating 10 years of someones dedication to the club goes off topic and we are told we are wrong to acknowledge it in this way.

It's hardly "sychophantic b*ll*cks", it's more a chance for people to thank Steve and the mods.

Poultice

This is so City.

What starts off as something good, celebrating 10 years of someones dedication to the club goes off topic and we are told we are wrong to acknowledge it in this way.

It's hardly "sychophantic b*ll*cks", it's more a chance for people to thank Steve and the mods.
Bit touchy this morning Lams, couple too many Merlots last night ?

LammieLammieLammie

No mate, strictly Cobra Lager last night. I'm still reeling about being dropped for Harris in this evenings game.

Poultice

No mate, strictly Cobra Lager last night. I'm still reeling about being dropped for Harris in this evenings game.
Sad news indeed, perhaps it might be time to hang them up ?

Manc and Greasy that is.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Well done on 10 years. It can make me laugh, cry, swear a lot, angry and proud to be a City fan. Does a great service as a social network and so much better than facebook. Has enriched my match day experience. So different from many other fans sites, in that you can feel a real sense of community. Got to meet los of people through this site which is great.

So well done Steve, and the other mods for keeping it going.

andrew p long

There will always be dissenting voices. I myself have doubts about certain elements of the current squad. Does that make me any less of a supporter of my team? Absolutely not.
Indeed.

I myself have doubts about certain elements of the current squad of Exeweb contributors.Does that make me any less of a supporter of Exeweb itself?Absolutely not.

exeweb

Administrator
How close have you ever been to selling the site, particularly to (former) employees of the club?
There have been offers. I'll leave it at that. Anyone who wants to hear the story should ask me after I've had a drink!

Thanks for all the kind words here. I'm not sure I can accept the accolade of "Exeter City hero" as offered up by Malcolm - there will be many, many people ahead of me in the queue for that title. I particularly liked the post about my dad being "somewhat articulate".

As for Jim referring to me as the bottle blonde, blue-eyed boy - it's more like the fast-receding four-eyed boy!

Without wanting to turn this into a Moxey puke-inducing love-in, there was a time when this site had a lot of content aside from the forum. But as it's evolved over the years, news sterted to pop up on the forum before I could type it up and if there anything people don't know, they ask and get answers and opinion. As a model of web usability, that is as damned near to perfect as you can get!

What I'm trying to say is that I think this site is unique. The fact it's survived ten years is testament to all of you as much as it is me.