• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exiles FC 07/08 Awards

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I know - a bit late and all that. Yes, we were flippin' disorganised this year and couldn't organise a summer bash - so at last night's Exiles FC Christmas bash, the awards were finally dished out. In place of "Worst Dressed", a new category was introduced called "Best Moment" - something akin to the "Champagne Moment" on TMS. This could be a goal, but is more likely something else like a great save, a crunching tackle, someone splitting their shorts, someone pulling a Granny (could've happened last night by the looks...) - that sort of thing. The As also did away with "Most Improved", as to play for them you should be that good so as not to have any room for improvement.

So, the awards were:

As:

Player of the Year - Jon Wragg
Runner-up - Ben Mackie
Golden Boot - Jason Steele
Goal of the season - Chris Morgan vs Norwich
Best Moment - Banzai accidentally calling debutant Lee Casey a c*** after he (Lee) had put in a crunching tackle that took out both the Aberdeen player and Banzai.

Bauys:

Player of the Year - Dave Cantor
Runner-up (no trophy though!) - Jon Sanderson
Most Improved - Giles Beattie. Best mention here our runner-up was a certain goalkeeper and Exeweb regular...
Golden Boot - Kev Fitzgerald
Goal of the Season - Borf. Probably not the best effort, but it was against the GAWS so counts double.
Best Moment - We created this award specifically so this could win something. Beating out my Banks-esque match-winning save vs Blackburn, it was Chats' goal-line clearance vs Dundee United. A synopsis:

We were a goal down, quite late on, but battling hard. They broke, and as their striker bore down on me, he fired firmly past me to make it 2-0. Or so everyone thought, for at that moment Chats, in a move reminiscent of Bruce Lee at his peak, flew through the air, kicking to safety. 10 seconds later the ball was in the back of the Dundee United net thanks to a screamer from Jon Sanderson, but he was left to celebrate alone as Chats, by now just back from orbit, was mobbed to a man.