• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pubs in Town with darts boards / pool tables

Ashford Grecian

Evening all...

Will be staying over Friday night for the Chesterfield game...

Can anyone recommend any good boozers near the City Centre with either darts or pool and preferably some decent real ale as well?

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
The stoke arms used to have both, not sure if it still does. Not quite city centre though, 15 minute walk up old Tiverton road.

STURTZ

The Victoria has a pool table and some real ale, usually populated with students though.

Colesman Ballz

The Victoria has a pool table and some real ale, usually populated with students though.
The Easter term starts on Monday, so may be pretty quiet on Friday.

The Mount Radford in Magdalen Road, has a pool table, unsure about a dart board though. It is a Greene King house with their real ales and possibly guest beers as well. Like the Victoria in terms of it being close to the St Lukes Campus, but as with the Victoria they might be thin on the ground.

Close to the ground, the Bowling Green, in Blackboy Road could also be a good bet, think they meet all three of your requirements, although I would check beforehand in case they have live music on.

STURTZ

Yeah quite like the Bowling Green, far better than the Vic.

Joshyd123

The stoke arms used to have both, not sure if it still does. Not quite city centre though, 15 minute walk up old Tiverton road.
Still has both but you'll walk out with sticky feet.

Terryhall

Been a while since I was in there, but does the Black Horse still have a pool table?

EDIT - if not I'll add my name to the Bowling Green list, nice little pub. And it could be age playing tricks on me but I'm sure Henry's Bar used to have a pool table back in the day too (?)

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

The All Stars Bar In Sidwell St(Above Iceland) has pool & darts.

The best traditional pub I can think of with Pool & Darts is my pre match watering hole,The St Anne’s Well In Well St.

Swanaldo

The St Anne’s Well In Well St.
This gets my vote too.