• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The comparative success of all the Academies

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The comparative success of all the Academies. I think the figures are skewed a bit by the big clubs who have loaned loads of players out, would be interesting to see the number again for how many have played for their own teams.

https://www.trainingground.guru/articles/academy-audit

(Not sure this should be here, but given where this thread is at the moment, then why not!)

Last edited:

Terryhall

Re: Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

The comparative success of all the Academies. I think the figures are skewed a bit by the big clubs who have loaned loads of players out, would be interesting to see the number again for how many have played for their own teams.

https://www.trainingground.guru/articles/academy-audit

(Not sure this should be here, but given where this thread is at the moment, then why not!)
Surprised to see us as low as we are. I am really struggling to think who our Academy product was that played a league fixture in the PL in 2016/2017... it isn't Grimes (or at least not according to Soccerbase...)

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

Surprised to see us as low as we are. I am really struggling to think who our Academy product was that played a league fixture in the PL in 2016/2017... it isn't Grimes (or at least not according to Soccerbase...)
George Friend?

hienzeECFC

points for naming all of them across the leagues...

Last edited:

Terryhall

George Friend?
Of course it was! Thanks

Terryhall

points for naming all of them across the leagues...
Maybe this deserves its own thread after all so as not to derail Ethans thread! Here's the detail from the link:

PL - 1 (George Friend, Isca)
Champo - 2 (Grimes is one, does Mackie at QPR count for the other?)
L1 - 3 (Tom Nichols?)
L2 - 9

Don't think Sean Goss made any league appearances in 2016/2017 so he is not the other Champo player I don't think.

hienzeECFC

Maybe this deserves its own thread after all so as not to derail Ethans thread! Here's the detail from the link:

L1 - 3 (Tom Nichols?)
L2 - 9

Don't think Sean Goss made any league appearances in 2016/2017 so he is not the other Champo player I don't think.
Sercombe and Moxey for the other League 1 players

its saying that there were none in the conference, but Reid and Gosling were both in that division last season? I cant see any reason to think loan players have been excluded.

Last edited:

Boyo

L1 - 3 (Tom Nichols?)
L2 - 9

Last season, I think we had the following players make first team appearances at L2 level (8 for ECFC and 1 for Newport).

1) Bennett
2) Watkins
3) Moore-Taylor
4) Jay
5) Rilley-Lowe
6) Byrne
7) Ampadu
8) Pym
9) Egan

I think the 3 at L1 level - Moxey, Nichols and Sercs

We also had Reid and Gosling play at Conference level which was omitted.

Boyo

Dan Seaborne played in Scotland and Paul Jones is at Norwich, but didn't make any appearances last year.

Boyo

And Elliot Frear plays in Scotland (Motherwell)