• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier league 2017-18

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
No thread this season......

Given I've been bitten by the exeweb bug again I thought I'd start one....

Looks a given Man City will win the league id imagine by 12-15 points come May with United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal battling out for the champion league places....

Burnley are having a superb season hope they finish in the top 8 (think they will) & with Big Sam in charge Everton will bore themselves into a comfortable top 10 finish.

At the other end Swansea are in massive trouble (awful against Liverpool yesterday) & West Brom don't score enough - add the 3 promoted clubs despite there current position Huddersfield & Brighton & add Bournemouth & Newcastle in the mix and I see the bottom 3 coming from those 6....

CREDYGRECIAN

Predictions?

Top 4

City
Chelsea
United
Liverpool

Bottom 3

Newcastle (unless they spend big in Jan)
West Brom
Swansea

grecIAN Harris

Newcastle could spend the entire wealth of the world and you would still say they'll finish in the bottom three. Come up with a new line. Liverpool won't make the Champions League for the same old reason, dodgy back four and a League 2 keeper and a Conference League back up. The only way they could stand a chance is if Clippity goes all Keegan-esque and plays the same front six that he did against Spartak Moscow, Coutinhio, Can, Wjinaldum; Mane, Firminhio Salah.

CREDYGRECIAN

Weird we made the champions league last season and are currently in the champions league spots again this

Come up with a new line Harris

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Trouble is that the same old issues continue. You've had the worst keeper in the Premier League for how many seasons now? It's hard to come up with a new line when the facts tell you not to. Your mates Carragher and Redknapp are saying the same. Are they wrong also or is it you just can't face the truth?

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Trouble is that the same old issues continue. You've had the worst keeper in the Premier League for how many seasons now? It's hard to come up with a new line when the facts tell you not to. Your mates Carragher and Redknapp are saying the same. Are they wrong also or is it you just can't face the truth?
He's not the worse keeper in the premier league by a long shot - as a bloke who's allegedly played in goal you'll know know full well he's not the worse keeper he's Belgium and Liverpools no1 he's hardly terrible despite not World class but who would do much better apart from De Gea?

Defending isn't Liverpools strongest point but it's not as bad as the pundits suggest given they have the best home defensive record at home in the premier league conceding just 3 so far this season.

Yes they panic when the opposition score 2 quickly it happened at Spurs and Arsenal & Sevilla but in 26 games in the premier league and champions league they have lost 2 and have a goal difference of + 40 including scoring 7 twice in the champions league and being the first side in premier league history to score 3+ away from home in 5 straight games.

There arguably the best attacking side in the country (Man City apart) and superb to watch Firminho , Coutinho & Salah with Mane as well are superb in full flow.

Take out the 5 they conceded at Man City at 1-0 Mane sent off when Liverpool was on top & the 4 at Spurs (bad day) they have conceaced 14 in 18 games.

We're a million miles better under Klopp than we was before he arrived (2 Top 4 finishes in 8 seasons before his arrival) and playing as good a football as I've ever seen a Liverpool team play

No arguments here that they have there moments when they collapse defensively and for that reason alone they won't win the league - but if they get that right at some point I do feel there the 2nd best side in the country behind City

CREDYGRECIAN

How many tonight Harris ?

Newcastle v City ?

I'm going 4-0.

grecIAN Harris

4-0 Newcastle???? Really?????? I think if The Toon can keep City to three we will have done well. Anything better will be a bonus.
Going back to your previous post, name me three first choice Premier League keepers who are worse. You will struggle. Even Rob Elliott and Karl Darlow are better than him.
Breaking news, Liverpool have agreed a 75 million deal for Van Dijk. You're that bloody desperate for a decent centre half you've been ripped off by Southampton again.

CREDYGRECIAN

Time will tell if it's value for money - you'll only know if it's a rip off in 12 months.

He would get in all the top 4 side at centre half (when playing well) so I'd say it's a top signing especially given Man City wanted him as well

grecIAN Harris

Time will tell if it's value for money - you'll only know if it's a rip off in 12 months.

He would get in all the top 4 side at centre half (when playing well) so I'd say it's a top signing especially given Man City wanted him as well
I'm not sure he'd get in every side chasing the top 4 this season and even if he could £75 million for a centre half is just plain stupid money. To have paid it is a sign of desperation.

Going back a post or two, Belgiums Number One??? In front of Courtois???? Stop being silly!!!

Last edited: