• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Port Vale Prediction Thread

Legohead

Banned
I'm expecting a tough game in this. Vale have found a bit of form and resilience from somewhere since new boss Aspin has come in and will be a different proposition from what they were a month ago. They will also be a different proposition from Luton.

I can see an attritional game ahead and us to get back to form just, by sneaking a solitary goal to win 1-0.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we actually do have character we will come back and spank Port Vale. If we are as fragile as many suspect then this will be a toughie.

I'm upbeat and I think we will restore confidence with a 3-0 win, Reid getting back his goalscoring touch.

I predict Tis will stubbornly stick to last night's starting eleven.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
3-1 win, Reid McAllinden Taylor, 3800 in attendance

Antony Moxey

Dreadful game in appalling weather conditions. Port Vale will cope better, bully us off the ball, score early and win 1-0. Posters will be queueing up to tell us that it’s just one of those days and that we’re still in an auto promotion spot.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dreadful game in appalling weather conditions. Port Vale will cope better, bully us off the ball, score early and win 1-0. Posters will be queueing up to tell us that it’s just one of those days and that we’re still in an auto promotion spot.
Any chance of one of your match reports ? Always a good read.

Ashford Grecian

A total change from my monthly points prediction, City 1 - 2 Vale

Oliver

5-0 to City.......could have been 12 !

Antony Moxey

Any chance of one of your match reports ? Always a good read.
Not any more - gave those up years ago!

Joshyd123

3-0 City.

Reid penalty, Holmes left foot curler and a Stockley header.

Line up;

Pym
Wilson Sweeney Brown Moxey
Holmes Tillson James Taylor
Stockley Reid

Subs; Hamon, Wilson, Edwards, Harley, TAH, McAlinden & Jay.

Attendance; 4,567

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Given the weather warnings in place, I assume the match will go ahead (and that I can get a train to it from Axminster!) - but will definitely depend on who adapts best to the high winds.

I remember us playing at Oxford in ridiculous gales - ****** Woodman taking a goal kick that blew back to him!