• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Issue 17 ECFC fanzine Some Sunny Day out 30/9/17

SomeSunnyDay

Exciting few days coming up with two home games in succession and to add to that we have issue 17, the first of this season, out on Saturday (30th).

Copies will be on sale around SJP for an hour before the game near to turnstiles as per normal for just £1.

This is also your last chance to subscribe for the season if you meant to but have not yet done so. UK subs are only £8 to get four issues posted to you over the course of the season and there are also options if you live further afield. All subscribers go into a draw to win a City shirt and more at the end of the season. Here is the link SUBSCRIBE HERE!

On the website you can also buy just the current issue and any back issues we have left.

If you have not come across our fanzine before, where have you been?! It is a mix of serious and irreverent articles about City and football in general with a smattering of cartoons, spoofs, news and info, written by City fans for other City fans aiming to continue our club's rich fanzine heritage.(LLL)

Legohead

Banned
Done. New subscriber and always loved fanzines. Obviously they are a dying breed now due to the internet but IMO you can't beat 'em! Had some great ones down the years at other clubs. City Gent at Bradford and The Popside at Donny Rovers being the more recent i've bought. Anyway looking forward to the first issue and a great effort lads.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Done. New subscriber and always loved fanzines. Obviously they are a dying breed now due to the internet but IMO you can't beat 'em! Had some great ones down the years at other clubs. City Gent at Bradford and The Popside at Donny Rovers being the more recent i've bought. Anyway looking forward to the first issue and a great effort lads.
Thank you. We've received your payment.

I once interviewed the editor at The City Gent, which is of course a long-standing fanzine. Not heard of the other one though. There are still quite a few fanzines about although not so many at lower league level.

Legohead

Banned
Thank you. We've received your payment.

I once interviewed the editor at The City Gent, which is of course a long-standing fanzine. Not heard of the other one though. There are still quite a few fanzines about although not so many at lower league level.
My mistake, the Donny one is called the Popular STAND.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
My mistake, the Donny one is called the Popular STAND.
Of course. A few years ago we had a series on other fanzines. Other editors were very forthcoming with help and advice when we were starting SSD too. Here is popular STAND featured back in 2014. Will see if I can dig out City Gent.

pic hosting sites

Terryhall

Classic Larry Loud comic (clap)

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
And a big thank you to everyone who has subscribed. Issue 17 is currently at the printers. See you all Saturday at (sjp)

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Will Lionel be lurking and looking dodgy in Stadium Way with a supply ?

Being a softie I have forgiven him his mistreatment of me in the Quiz last year. :)

Legohead

Banned
Cheers for that feverpitch. (y)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I won't be around selling them in the Centre Spot. Any one else want to volunteer?