• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Morecambe Matchday Thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lets see if me starting it can bring the boys some luck! (y)

Avening Posse

Really ought to be winning games such as this if we want the prize, morecambe have had some tough games thus far and probably should be a bit further up, but expecting a win UTC

PeteUSA

I've got a feeling that Notts County will come unstuck at Mansfield, so three points for us today would put us second to them on goal difference. Heaven forbid, if for any inexplicable reason we should lose today, we could topple all the way down to sixth in the table, with a lot of other teams scrapping for the top seven spots!

We really do have to win this! (tmi)

Pete Martin (CTID)

We've played Morecambe ten times at SJP since the 2003/4 season. Two wins, three losses and five draws. Our record at their place is better. We really need to win today.

Last edited:

contrabombarde

Let's have a comfortable win today and get rid of any collywobbles. We should be disappointed without a win today especially after our great start. COYR (no pressure!) (y);)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Another game I'm missing. I suspect there won't be too much tinkering with the team, and will look very much like the one that started against Notts County.

Jason's match preview http://www.exeweb.com/2017/09/28/next-up-exeter-city-vs-morecambe-3/

Andy Holloway

Another game I'm missing. I suspect there won't be too much tinkering with the team, and will look very much like the one that started against Notts County.

Jason's match preview http://www.exeweb.com/2017/09/28/next-up-exeter-city-vs-morecambe-3/
Ellison should be no problem today then!!!!

"What his sides tend to lack in pedigree they more than make up for in gumption, and in 86 year old Kevin Ellison, the ultimate pantomime villain, they have someone whose spirit on the pitch will lead to over achievement."

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Love watching Ellison (looking good for 86 I must say) what a servant to the club - always has banter with the crowd and who can forget his goal last season.

Need to get back on track with a win today to stop any potential slide - Still concerned about the loss of JMT.

UTC

Last edited:

David Treharne

Dull grey morning. 15c with a slight breeze blowing from the south. Light grey cloud is being replaced by darker rain clouds, and though I hate to be the harbinger of wetness I fear that at some time today it's going to rain, because the barometric pressure is dropping. We didn't have any rain during the last 24 hours, and indeed yesterday afternoon turned into a quite sunny balmy early evening. The pitch looks in really good condition. One word of caution - if you're driving to the game be sure to park in a non controlled zone (i.e. not in Zone G areas down Culverland & Springfield Roads and Victoria Street) at the start of the University term the wardens always seem so much more venomous - they appear to have had a filed day this week!
As to the match we ought to win - but only if there are changes to the team,especially in defence and a shuffled mid field.
Update at 13:00

ExeterCityLad

Back to winning ways for sure. Can't see us losing this. A healthy score line, maybe even 5-0