• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newport Co v ECFC 19th Jan.

Andy Holloway

So following Newport being drawn away at Middlesborough in the next round of The FA Cup the following weekend, will they a. play as depleted side so as to save their stars for what must be a very lucrative tie, or b. play a full strength side so that all the squad get a chance to impress the manager and get picked for the Cup tie?

The team sheet at 2pm that day will be interesting.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
So following Newport being drawn away at Middlesborough in the next round of The FA Cup the following weekend, will they a. play as depleted side so as to save their stars for what must be a very lucrative tie, or b. play a full strength side so that all the squad get a chance to impress the manager and get picked for the Cup tie?

I doubt it will be "lucrative" from a crowd attendance perspective...There won't be much interest on Teeside for a game against Newport...Perhaps BBC will pick it, but how much money is there in that these days?

Pete Martin (CTID)

I doubt it will be "lucrative" from a crowd attendance perspective...There won't be much interest on Teeside for a game against Newport...Perhaps BBC will pick it, but how much money is there in that these days?
Last season it was £144,000 for 4th round live coverage and £72,000 for a live replay. I assume those figures are shared between the two clubs.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
So might ours.

Andy Holloway

Even split 50/50 the TV money is very handy to a Div 2 club, plus 45% of gate receipts, especially when their last home gate - their main source of income - v Crawley was only 3166!
To a Premiership/Championship club it might not be lucrative, but even Middlesborough away will i'd say would draw a 12/14k crowd possibly more.

grecIAN Harris

Mmmm, let me see. Trying to maintain their position in the play-off race against one of their rivals for a spot or a one off match against a side they're likely to get tanked by given they're away from home???? Some people really do ask some daft questions...….

ecfc2000

All ticket or pay on the gate for away fans?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
All ticket or pay on the gate for away fans?
Pay at the ticket office (by the entrance to the away end). However, if you want a seat under cover I would advise buying in advance.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pay at the ticket office (by the entrance to the away end). However, if you want a seat under cover I would advise buying in advance.
Covered seats seling fast I'm told. Only 400 available, plus 600 in the open behind the goal. PotD was chaotic last season, IIRC

ecfc2000

Thanks gents