• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cake

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought we had a thread dedicated to the wonderful topic of cake but cannot find it.

I am having some Parkin cake with a coffee right now.

I appreciate that this may not be a thread for Lionel.

contrabombarde

I thought we had a thread dedicated to the wonderful topic of cake but cannot find it.

I am having some Parkin cake with a coffee right now.

Parkin is a Yorkshire cake and usually indulged on bonfire night ooop north. Very nice too.

Alistair20000

Parkin is a Yaaaaarkshire cake and usually indulged on bonfire night ooop north. Very nice too.
Speiling corrected. It is indeed very tasty but with cakeage I am easily pleased.

grecian55

I am still eating Christmas cake ,donated by a mates mother -in-law , last year i was given 4 Christmas Cakes ,kept me going until about April , mmmmmm

contrabombarde

Speiling corrected. It is indeed very tasty but with cakeage I am easily pleased.
Speiling? What the fox hat?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Baking is defo a specialty of myself, even if I do say so myself.

Am looking into notching it up a gear and go a bit more advance with the decorating.

This week I'll be baking a Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cake, some Empire Biscuits (delicious and only available to buy in Scotland) and some Cinnamon Swirls.

LOG

I don't dislike cake, fruit cake aside, but i can just take it or leave it. Battenberg presses a few buttons as does one of they fancy cup cakes or a millionaire's shortbread thing (if that counts) but otherwise crisps are the future.

angelic upstart

I like like cheese cake, as in a cake of Brie or something.

Alistair20000

I don't dislike cake, fruit cake aside, but i can just take it or leave it. Battenberg presses a few buttons as does one of they fancy cup cakes or a millionaire's shortbread thing (if that counts) but otherwise crisps are the future.
The bought variety tends to be over sweet IMO but a home made version is acceptable.

I think we had some Empire biscuits while assiduously reviewing evidence on the Sidey thread late into the night. Did Shaz provide those ?

grecian55

Baking is defo a specialty of myself, even if I do say so myself.

Am looking into notching it up a gear and go a bit more advance with the decorating.

This week I'll be baking a Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cake, some Empire Biscuits (delicious and only available to buy in Scotland) and some Cinnamon Swirls.
Can we expect a appearance on The great British Bake off Shab ?