• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz XI

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster

Yes, it’s that time again when you wonder where the year has gone and feel slightly down about how little you’ve achieved. But fret not because this, ladies and gents, is the shining light at the end of that particular tunnel. That’s right, it’s The Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz XI.

You should all know the drill by now but, to recap, a daily picture clue will be posted up until the grand finale on 24th December. Each clue will have pointage assigned to it based on how difficult or crap a clue it is. The answer will be something related to ECFC, Exeter or possibly even Devon.

If there are any daily variations on the standard format details will be given at the time and, following lots of positive feedback, a musical clue hasn’t yet been ruled out completely.

Them roolz:

• I can’t stop you from using an image search but I would ask you to take periodic looks in the mirror just to check that you can still face yourself and that your reflection hasn’t disappeared.
• Rearing up will be tolerated, to a point, because I know how passionate you all are. Please remember though that there’s a person at the other end and I have feelings as well.
• Workings must be shown. I understand though that this is a high-pressure environment where snoozing can lead to losing so if you want to fire off a quick one you can follow this up with workings in a subsequent post and I’ll then consider those posts as one. The follow up must be posted in a timely manner though and the longer you leave it the greater the chance of someone else nipping in around the back and tucking one in.
• There is no limit on how many guesses you can have but if you start taking the **** there may be sanctions imposed. You will be warned first, mind.
• The quizmater’s word is final.

Above all else, I hope that you enjoy the ride.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Scott Golbourne.

Grecian2K

Paul Tinseldale?

Hollie Watkins?

Last edited:

Terryhall

James Berry.

Grecian2K

The notoriously dyslexic former City manager from the 1980s, Jim Ilex?

Alistair20000

Yes, it’s that time again when you wonder where the year has gone and feel slightly down about how little you’ve achieved. But fret not because this, ladies and gents, is the shining light at the end of that particular tunnel. That’s right, it’s The Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz XI.

You should all know the drill by now but, to recap, a daily picture clue will be posted up until the grand finale on 24th December. Each clue will have pointage assigned to it based on how difficult or crap a clue it is. The answer will be something related to ECFC, Exeter or possibly even Devon.If there are any daily variations on the standard format details will be given at the time and, following lots of positive feedback, a musical clue hasn’t yet been ruled out completely.

Them roolz:

• I can’t stop you from using an image search but I would ask you to take periodic looks in the mirror just to check that you can still face yourself and that your reflection hasn’t disappeared.
• Rearing up will be tolerated, to a point, because I know how passionate you all are. Please remember though that there’s a person at the other end and I have feelings as well.
• Workings must be shown. I understand though that this is a high-pressure environment where snoozing can lead to losing so if you want to fire off a quick one you can follow this up with workings in a subsequent post and I’ll then consider those posts as one. The follow up must be posted in a timely manner though and the longer you leave it the greater the chance of someone else nipping in around the back and tucking one in.
• There is no limit on how many guesses you can have but if you start taking the **** there may be sanctions imposed. You will be warned first, mind.
• The quizmater’s word is final.

Above all else, I hope that you enjoy the ride.

POLITE ENQUIRIES

Call me Mr Picky if you wish but these important points come to mind:

1) Is Exeweb and are Exewebbers deemed to be with the definition highlighted or is this sector an avenue of pleasure that will be closed off this year ? Just wanting to avoid unnecessary research like.

2) In the unlikely event that I give a correct answer and in the more likely scenario that STURTZ nips in with the workings before me does he pick up all the pointage ?

3) Will discretionary bonus points be awarded for answers that are "better" than the pre-ordained "correct" answer ?

4) Will there be a posh, s*anky scoreboard similar to that commissioned by Elgy ?

5) Do you have a GA ?

Other questions available.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Al, you forgot...

6) Should trying to actually WIN the e.a.c. be number 1, 2 or 3 in one's list of priorities?

Alistair20000

Al, you forgot...

6) Should trying to actually WIN the e.a.c. be number 1, 2 or 3 in one's list of priorities?
Good question. (y) A bit of a poisoned chalice I think but the chance of payback against Lionel has some attraction. :)

LOG

Answers below:

POLITE ENQUIRIES

Call me Mr Picky if you wish but these important points come to mind:

1) Is Exeweb and are Exewebbers deemed to be with the definition highlighted or is this sector an avenue of pleasure that will be closed off this year ? Just wanting to avoid unnecessary research like. Exeweb and Exewebbers are included under the ECFC banner.

2) In the unlikely event that I give a correct answer and in the more likely scenario that STURTZ nips in with the workings before me does he pick up all the pointage ? The correct answer and workings must be provided by the same person to win the point(s). If STURTZ should nip in around the back he would first have to assume that your answer was correct as i won't let on until all information has been submitted.

3) Will discretionary bonus points be awarded for answers that are "better" than the pre-ordained "correct" answer ? This situation is highly unlikely to arise because i probably won't tell you. If it does then perhaps.

4) Will there be a posh, s*anky scoreboard similar to that commissioned by Elgy ? I'll try but no promises.

5) Do you have a GA ? No, flying solo this year. For some reason, there were no applicants.

Other questions available.

Swanaldo

Workings must be shown. I understand though that this is a high-pressure environment where snoozing can lead to losing so if you want to fire off a quick one you can follow this up with workings in a subsequent post and I’ll then consider those posts as one.
Is there a time limit for this "Workings To Follow*" buffer zone?

*WTF