• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jordan Moore-Taylor

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Sounds like he'll be out for another 1-2 weeks. Hope it's less.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Me too. We'll be into a negative goal difference by then.

Gordon Dale

StroudGrecian : JMT out for the past 135 minutes of play during which the team conceded 5 goals and scored none. Says it all !

JMT not only consistently puts his body on the line but is the creative catalyst enabling the team to build from the back. Without him....the team look rudderless....as they did against Notts County.....

Why PT didn't start with two wingers to support Reid and Stockley beggared belief. What a shambles .....consistently 'skying' the ball straight back to the Magpies defenders instead of using pace and getting to the bi-lines and crossing hard and low. Duffy and his mates must have thought Christmas had come early. It ain't rocket science!

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's good news. We still haven't worked out an obvious alternative and I wouldn't be surprised to see another option apart from Tillson or TAH used on Saturday. People do have to remember we've just played two very good teams and losing your best defender (I would actually say "best player" too because that's my opinion) is not ideal during those games. Saturday's game will be much more indicative of whether we have a chronic problem without him or not.

Terryhall

I do agree with that Antman but I do also feel that a team targeting promotion has to have depth outside the first team, and cover for the injuries and suspensions that will come our way. We are unlucky that Croll is also out injured but hopefully with more training under their belt, whoever is picked to deputise for JMT whilst injured will help the team bounce back from two very flat performances.

Legohead

Banned
StroudGrecian : JMT out for the past 135 minutes of play during which the team conceded 5 goals and scored none. Says it all !

JMT not only consistently puts his body on the line but is the creative catalyst enabling the team to build from the back. Without him....the team look rudderless....as they did against Notts County.....

Why PT didn't start with two wingers to support Reid and Stockley beggared belief. What a shambles .....consistently 'skying' the ball straight back to the Magpies defenders instead of using pace and getting to the bi-lines and crossing hard and low. Duffy and his mates must have thought Christmas had come early. It ain't rocket science!
Interesting. I said this very same thing to my mate who came with me to the Coventry match. Coventry had some joy when they got their quick men down the wings to put balls in whereas we failed abysmally in getting at their full backs choosing a more laboured approach of attack which slowed everything down and made the game into a congested midfield battle. It was so obvious IMO to see watching the game what was required to open up the Coventry defence given our personnel and how the game was progressing.

I feel we are going to have to start playing to the strengths of Reid and Stockley in particular if we are to get the most out of them.

As for JMT. A huge miss he will be and hopefully we can get him back in asap.

Last edited:

Red Devon

As for JMT. A huge miss he will be and hopefully we can get him back in asap.
Hopefully Croll can come back in Saturday....don't think playing TAH or moving Sweeney back into the middle is a very good idea if Tuesday night was anything to go by.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
A huge loss and consistently our best player over the last two seasons and this to date IMHO - I had heard it would be longer than the 1-2 weeks so would settle for that and just hope we maintain our position. I know one man should not make a team but he is a vital Cog although agree any side looking for automatic promotion should have strength in depth to be considered a serious contender.
Lets hope for a speedy recovery.

JMT is a vital part of our defence it goes without saying, his partnership with Troy Brown is the secret to our success, they are two halves of a very solid and successful partnership. We can't do without either to be honest, just remember the dismal start to last season when Troy Brown was out.

I know it's an obvious statement but we need another central defender who can act as a partner to either JMT or Troy B, sadly TAH is no way near good enough in my opinion, perhaps moving Sweeney into partner Troy B and play Kane Wilson at right back might be the solution.

As a matter of interest do we have any up and coming central defenders in the academy at the moment?

elginCity

Without him....the team look rudderless....as they did against Notts County.....
...and throughout the second half at Coventry. Although we contained Coventry first half and rarely threatened it always appeared the team was comfortably in 'control' of events, and following a game plan. JMT went off and it was palpable how the team suddenly lost confidence and shape. Yes, 'rudderless' is a good description.

We should hope for a speedy recovery, and a speedy return to form, because that can often take time after an injury.