• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

50/50 Draw

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Raised nearly £15k for the club last season.

Anyone manage to pick up at HT

rifraf

No. Never. Despite buying every game.

Not disappointed in the least and have
always said I would give all to youth squad (our future).

Don't get me wrong. Great great job by all involved. But can we do anything to increase revenue or encourage more to participate?

Temporarily Exiled

Don't get me wrong. Great great job by all involved. But can we do anything to increase revenue or encourage more to participate?
Best way I can think of is by asking those that pay on the day at the turnstiles. People are generally much more charitable when they've already got their wallet out.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've won it once and also took a mate to his first match for years and unbelievably he won.

Rog H K

We've talked about putting it to £1 like every other Club a while back but we decided that 50p was good. Most people give us £1 or more and the fact they get more tickets they feel they get value for money. Lots of Clubs with much bigger gates, Plymouth for example, give away less in prize money than City. If bodes well that we are doing something right.People have got to want to buy them. Not one for forcing things in folks faces. More awareness of where monies go perhaps? Hopefully with the two new sides done end of the year it will increase for next season. I think the fact we advertise where the money goes, its done independent by the SC and is all black and white, simple and honest goes a long way and is best not to tinker with it too much.

Andy Holloway

We've talked about putting it to £1 like every other Club a while back but we decided that 50p was good. Most people give us £1 or more and the fact they get more tickets they feel they get value for money. Lots of Clubs with much bigger gates, Plymouth for example, give away less in prize money than City. If bodes well that we are doing something right.People have got to want to buy them. Not one for forcing things in folks faces. More awareness of where monies go perhaps? Hopefully with the two new sides done end of the year it will increase for next season. I think the fact we advertise where the money goes, its done independent by the SC and is all black and white, simple and honest goes a long way and is best not to tinker with it too much.
Totally agree Roger, i always hand over a quid for my two tickets, but not won for years. Many, many years ago when my kids were young 'we' won and they had to go down onto the pitch to collect their winnings, you've never seem 3 children SOOO embarrassed! Mind you, it soon disappeared when they saw the amount 'we' had won, i think it was around £350, a nice sum today let alone more than 25 years ago!!!

Rog H K

I won it for 1st time two seasons ago. £380 for a 3k+ attendance. Chuffed to bits. I had won the 50/50 away at Colchester the month before £180 ,£1 tickets 3K + attendance. Chuffed then too but it got me thinking. Some tickets at grounds say after expenses. I've heard some sellers at other clubs get paid. Our are all volunteers. What do other Clubs take out before going 50/50?
All about Trust too IMHO.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A good total again!

Boyo

I do wonder whether we're missing a trick by not selling tickets online. 50% of the pot being dolled out in prize money compared to <20% in the Lotto. I believe there are plenty of people who would buy regularly online, who maybe don't attend matches, or are even City fans.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I do wonder whether we're missing a trick by not selling tickets online. 50% of the pot being dolled out in prize money compared to <20% in the Lotto. I believe there are plenty of people who would buy regularly online, who maybe don't attend matches, or are even City fans.
May not be legal.