• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Colchester United Matchday Thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
A must-win game I feel, if we're to stay in playoffs contention. UTC!!

Rog H K

3 point boost is needed. Sweeny out with Yellow Fever or Black Death I heard! Plagued we are! Doomed! Need a witch doctor or something! Cursed! I blame Gareth and his wind this week! Need some positive waves and not them blooming great things that hit my train at Dawlish on Thursday! Got to get ones mojo energised. Never give up. Never give in. Come on you rip roaring Grecians. CTID.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
3 points needed today to get our season back on track.

Kick off will be at midnight where I'll be so won't be able to follow the game.

Here's Jason's preview http://www.exeweb.com/2019/03/14/next-up-exeter-city-vs-colchester-united-2/

IndoMike

3 point boost is needed. Sweeny out with Yellow Fever or Black Death I heard! Plagued we are! Doomed! Need a witch doctor or something! Cursed! I blame Gareth and his wind this week! Need some positive waves and not them blooming great things that hit my train at Dawlish on Thursday! Got to get ones mojo energised. Never give up. Never give in. Come on you rip roaring Grecians. CTID.
I think I can help.
We need to win this game to get some momentum going again. I feel a 2-0 win for City is about right. Will be very disappointed if we den't win and will definitely kick the cat, which quite frankly never looks forward to Saturdays.
C'mon City - FCS sort it out !!!

Last edited:

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great stuff !

Pity Szmodics hasn't come down with a pox too, he always seems to be a thorn in our side.

Red Devon

Wind not too bad at the moment definitely less windy than yesterday

Bongo1959

I wonder wot team we will put out this week !!! Who haven't had a game yet ?

grecIAN Harris

Great stuff !

Pity Szmodics hasn't come down with a pox too, he always seems to be a thorn in our side.
Frank Nouble will be out suspended after being sent off on Tuesday night against Vegan Rovers. I can imagine that physically he would have been more than a handful to deal with.

David Treharne

Strange weather all this week. Today is no exception. Wind blowing 4-5 from SW but barometric pressure dropping which probably means stronger winds later and some more precipitation. On the other hand it's 14c , although the wind, which is quite blustery at times,makes it feel colder. We've had 2mm of rain in the last 24 hours, and there are flecks of rain in the air at the moment. Not, I would guess, a great day for football along the ground, which is a pity. I feel pretty much the same about this game as the last three or four with the question being "Where are the goals going to come from?". It's also a crunch match as today's match, if it's a loss making us further detached from the top 7. Some rain=wear recommended for this afternoon. Update at 13:00.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Certainly still blustery outside can't see it being a pretty flowing football kind of afternoon - hopefully we can grind out a result of some sort to keep us in amongst it - although apart from the top two anyone from third down is capable and are dropping points - so still wide open for me.

COYR