• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Viljami Sinisalo (in on loan)

cannockred

And well deserved.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I do not normally listen to interviews on here, especially long ones, but I am so glad I listened to Vil’s interview. Such genuine passion and gratitude. His attention to detail on the goalie’s role is also exemplary and throughout the interview he is magnanimous in his compliments of others.
We have been very fortunate in having him here for the season and I sincerely hope that he will, in time, become a Premiership goalkeeper.
Onnea jatkoon, Vil.
It was a brilliant interview and video Vil spoke so well and is clearly a very intelligent individual and hoping to have a career with Villa but replacing Martinez is a huge challenge.

He also mentioned the help he has had from the clubs goal keeping union and it looks as if Gary’s decision to bring back big Kev proved to be very successful so much so that with him in place I don’t think we need to worry about being able to replace Vil with another keeper that can do a good job for the team meanwhile Kev’s involvement can only be good for Harry’s continuing development and hopefully before too long him being able to make the No 1 shirt his.

Mid Devon Grecian

It was a brilliant interview and video Vil spoke so well and is clearly a very intelligent individual and hoping to have a career with Villa but replacing Martinez is a huge challenge.

He also mentioned the help he has had from the clubs goal keeping union and it looks as if Gary’s decision to bring back big Kev proved to be very successful so much so that with him in place I don’t think we need to worry about being able to replace Vil with another keeper that can do a good job for the team meanwhile Kev’s involvement can only be good for Harry’s continuing development and hopefully before too long him being able to make the No 1 shirt his.
Big Kev is my all time City legend. So good to have him back in the fold.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's funny how the Nordic players pick up the local twang. Vil definitely has a Brummie tone to his speech, just as Peter Schmichael has a Manc tone and Jan Molby........... well he was more Scouse than most Liverpudlians.

PeteUSA

I take it Mr Sinisalo is still on track for the player of the year award? Well if nobody minds, I'd like to point out that the first goal he let in v Oxford was to put it mildly, diabolical. Stopping and letting their player shoot like that was as good as presenting the player with an open goal! His tecnique in dealing with that was awful, you wouldnt expect it from a professional keeper. His one on ones have been suspect all season, but todays effort really took the biscuit.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I take it Mr Sinisalo is still on track for the player of the year award? Well if nobody minds, I'd like to point out that the first goal he let in v Oxford was to put it mildly, diabolical. Stopping and letting their player shoot like that was as good as presenting the player with an open goal! His tecnique in dealing with that was awful, you wouldnt expect it from a professional keeper. His one on ones have been suspect all season, but todays effort really took the biscuit.
pathetic that's all and i'm not talking about sinisalo

Tim Long

It only occurred to me as he was crossing the field during the autograph signing to try and get Vil in the way OJ Simpson was pranked at Heathrow once by someone getting him to sign a folded piece of paper that was later opened to read "I did it. Signed OJ Simpson". Except with Vil the hidden bit would have read "I promise to return to Exeter City next season" However, I'm sure Villa will realise it's best for his development, like it was for Stanno, to go on loan to a Championship side next season.

STURTZ

Good bye Vil, outstanding effort this season, going to be hard to replace his ability and his wonderful team spirit!
(I'd look to approach Cam Dawson).

PeteUSA

pathetic that's all and i'm not talking about sinisalo
So you think its OK for a keeper to deal with a through ball like that by advancing and then stopping dead, allowing an advancing forward to virtually pick his spot? I dont think so.

I know this thread is intended as a form of tribute to the keeper for services rendered etc, but surely an error of judgement like todays shouldnt pass without mention? .

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't know why anyone reacts. I've only got two people on ignore and he's one of them.