• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Oxford Utd Matchday Thread

ryancooper327

Think Carroll smashed his record for those weird 360 spins today. Did two in a row at one point!

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Frustrating first half today, Sweenz and Cole seemed off the boil, Cox had another game where he offered nothing even taking into account the poor service, the referee and Doble lino were shiite, terrible mistakes from Sweenz and Aimson for their goals (Aimson solid otherwise, Sweenz not, still bloody love Sweenz, me), Harris and Carroll the only players who always want the ball, Niskanen really not great at all, good game and goal from Alli, nice to say goodbye to Kitey and Vil as well as any others leaving us, made it home in time to go out, lots of very happy Derby supporting mates.

Thanks for (overall) a great season Gary, the coaching staff and the squad, being on next season 👍

LDNGrecian

Well, just seen the highlights, and no matter what anybody says, Sinisalo was very very poor on that first goal! The acrobatic save just after was good, but the way he allowed their player to shoot at an open goal like that was bad, he never gave himself a chance. His one on ones like that have been suspect all season, but his timng today, while I suspect minimising the risk of injury was uppermost, was as bad as I've seen hiim.
It’s good to see that some things never change.

You cannot in any sense blame Vil for the goal or expect him to save that.

bimmerman

Frustrating first half today, Sweenz and Cole seemed off the boil, Cox had another game where he offered nothing even taking into account the poor service, the referee and Doble lino were shiite, terrible mistakes from Sweenz and Aimson for their goals (Aimson solid otherwise, Sweenz not, still bloody love Sweenz, me), Harris and Carroll the only players who always want the ball, Niskanen really not great at all, good game and goal from Alli, nice to say goodbye to Kitey and Vil as well as any others leaving us, made it home in time to go out, lots of very happy Derby supporting mates.

Thanks for (overall) a great season Gary, the coaching staff and the squad, being on next season 👍
I reckon Vil Sinisalo will go out to Derby on loan next season. Villa player so not that far away from Brum and it's the next step up for him

STURTZ

Fairly good match with GC experimenting with some of our own squad players filling in to see how they can fare when our loanees go back to their parent clubs. Pretty obvious we do need a proper holding defensive midfielder should Woods depart, first half Cole played deep to little effect and second half Carroll dropped back with limited success. There were some injured players out there, Sweeny had a mare and I thought Aimson wasn't great at right back giving little support to Watts who was swamped, Oxford's Murphy is a powerful winger and when their forwards attacked they cut through our defence with ease.
Second half our team was more like it should have been and we were unlucky not to equalise. Alli was much more effective operating without Cox and with Aitch/Harris/ backing him up and Rankine bursting up the wing. Useful experimentation even if it did highlight the fact that we do need strengthening in areas where we can expect departures.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cheers Brian, just downloaded it!
cheers!!! And to the others that did. Now sits at number 2!

Attachments

Oldsmobile-88

made it home in time to go out, lots of very happy Derby supporting mates.

I was thinking, how the fcku did you get back to Derby so quickly, then remembered it was a 1230 ko. 😎😁

Topsham Boy

Im very excited about Alli, looks like he has everything Caldwell wants a striker; hold up play, quick feet, good movement, can shoot with his feet, competes in the air
Sadly I still don’t think Sonny is good enough.

PeteUSA

It’s good to see that some things never change.

You cannot in any sense blame Vil for the goal or expect him to save that.
All I can say is that you know f*ck all about goalkeeping! Even Harris cant defend an error of judgement like that! When a keeper advances off of his line like that, his mind should be made up. He advances all the way until he goes to ground and creates some kind of a block with his body. Sinsalo isnt particularly good at closing a player down, and a goal usually ensues. What he shouldnt have done is to advance off of his line somewhat and then stop! Their scorer couldnt have believed his luck, getting a virtually open goal to aim at! Very poor, he should have done a lot better.

grecIAN Harris

All I can say is that you know f*ck all about goalkeeping! Even Harris cant defend an error of judgement like that! When a keeper advances off of his line like that, his mind should be made up. He advances all the way until he goes to ground and creates some kind of a block with his body. Sinsalo isnt particularly good at closing a player down, and a goal usually ensues. What he shouldnt have done is to advance off of his line somewhat and then stop! Their scorer couldnt have believed his luck, getting a virtually open goal to aim at! Very poor, he should have done a lot better.
He was never close enough to come all the way out to smother the player. When Sweenz lost the ball Vil retreated to his six yard box. Harris shot from just outside the 18 yard box. So if Vil had committed himself in the first instance instead of retreating, Harris would have chipped him, no doubt, so Vil would have sold himself down the river. The only thing he may possibly have done was come another stride or two out to try and narrow the angle for the shot but he was never, ever in any position to smother the player or shot but even then he leaves himself open to being chipped.