• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

SJP naming rights

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Doble is so far removed from the Cowshed, it cannot be the Shed

Similarly, the Stanno is completely different to what became before, it’s neither “old” or a “grandstand”

The Big Bank retains its monicker due to it still being… a big Bank

Here to inform
It can, because that’s what was there originally. Same as when people still call pubs by their original names. The Shed and the NOG have had so many names it’s hard to keep up, and I must confess when seeing the club publish ticket info I genuinely struggle at times to know which particular stand they’re referring to. So: Shed, NOG, Bank, away end.

Grecian Max

It can, because that’s what was there originally. Same as when people still call pubs by their original names. The Shed and the NOG have had so many names it’s hard to keep up, and I must confess when seeing the club publish ticket info I genuinely struggle at times to know which particular stand they’re referring to. So: Shed, NOG, Bank, away end.
The Cowshed surely wasn't always called the Cowshed from conception? That would have been a pitiful name for a new structure

Likewise, the "Old" Grandstand wasn't always called the OG?

One for @Martin Weiler !

elginCity

Time to drop the adjective from the Bank. Maybe ‘Big’ was useful as a comparison with the smaller bank of primroses, but nlr now and just sounds a bit silly. All IMHO.

GrecianByTransit

Time to drop the adjective from the Bank. Maybe ‘Big’ was useful as a comparison with the smaller bank of primroses, but nlr now and just sounds a bit silly. All IMHO.
You going down the bank on Saturday? After nicking some of those little blue pens

tea stand

Don't forget the Tea Stand!

Antony Moxey

The Cowshed surely wasn't always called the Cowshed from conception? That would have been a pitiful name for a new structure

Likewise, the "Old" Grandstand wasn't always called the OG?

One for @Martin Weiler !
F***ing hell mate, if you want to argue all night go stand in front of a mirror and knock yourself out.

Antony Moxey

Well it is the biggest in the league.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
While we are being silly, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China are the biggest bank in the world. They even employ more people than the NHS.

Grecian Max

F***ing hell mate, if you want to argue all night go stand in front of a mirror and knock yourself out.
"Arguing all night"...it's literally two posts?!

Once the logic entered the room you kicked off 😂

I'd be interested to hear what those stands were originally called - if they were built as the Cowshed and Old Grandstand I'll eat my hat

elginCity

It is, and any visitor can see how big it is. It’s now THE Bank at SJP, and throughout the EFL.

‘Big’ George Foreman would never call himself that - he doesn’t have to, or ever feel the need to.