• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

sign of the chimes

More than likely, I always thought the ideal situation is to go into the play offs with momentum though.
I guess when you crash and burn as they did in the second leg last season, and this being their third weekend-midweek in a row (with a Wembley final in there) Ferguson has decided that the incredibly slim possibility of an autos place is less of a target than keeping key players fit/fresh. He can also justify the need to give some of his second string minutes in case they're needed over the next few weeks.

That said, I'm inclined to agree with your suggestion.

Additionally, if I were Cambridge or Burton I'd be fuming.

budegrecian

Seems like a bit of a fix to me. Peterborough saving themselves for the play offs?
Appears so. No Archie or Joel tonight. Not even on the bench.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well it's corruption isn't it, there's a monetary value on promotion and relegation.
I suppose proving it is the problem even if it is pretty obvious.

Colesman Ballz

Why don’t they stop moaning and get on with beating Wycombe
Cambridge duly oblige taking the lead against Wycombe. :)

grecIAN Harris

Wycombe have equalised

Seems wrong that Peterborough can do this (ie rest 7 of their starters from the last league game), and other teams get into trouble for doing the same in a meaningless competition like the EFL Trophy or whatever it's called.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seems wrong that Peterborough can do this (ie rest 7 of their starters from the last league game), and other teams get into trouble for doing the same in a meaningless competition like the EFL Trophy or whatever it's called.
Peterborough have put themselves in a position where they can rest players before the biggest games of their season. Fair play to them. It's up to them what players they play.

Bridgy 81

Peterborough have put themselves in a position where they can rest players before the biggest games of their season. Fair play to them. It's up to them what players they play.
I agree, but they’ve lost and have also potentially lost momentum going into the playoffs.
So, although it’s perhaps been a sensible decision this evening, in one sense, if they can’t recapture their form it’ll be their fault.
“You pays your money and you takes your choice”.

tom_ecfc

It should be, you name your 25 man squad at the start of the season and can use any of those players in any game, with any amount of changes between games. Simples!

dontpassback

Well posh didn’t exactly do well against Cheltenham,which gives the robins a chance