• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread - Kick off 2-00 PM

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Really enjoyed the pre-kick off playlist, despite being a fossil. Found myself in Full Monty in the job centre mode at one point.

Rosencrantz

Raving to bangers in Ibiza doesn't match my vision of you Ian, I like this character development
You should have seen him throwing shapes to the run out music yesterday 😉

Rosencrantz

Really enjoyed the pre-kick off playlist, despite being a fossil. Found myself in Full Monty in the job centre mode at one point.
It was a bit of a strange mix. From 80's mix tape to full on rave just before the players came out.

Grecian Max

It was a bit of a strange mix. From 80's mix tape to full on rave just before the players came out.
Oh man - no disrespect to the boys on the tannoy at SJP - but that sounds a lot better than the emo stuff we have to endure every other week 😅

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

grecIAN Harris

Raving to bangers in Ibiza doesn't match my vision of you Ian, I like this character development
There's so much to this grumpy old git facade you'll never see from a keyboard. Actually going to Ibiza isn't me but the music???? Got me all over it. Pete Tong, Judge Jules, Danny Rampling, a sound track to my younger days. Even now Danny Howard is the sound track on my way home on a Friday. I have no idea who he is playing but the music itself............ Just to tie it all up, The Judge won't budge. Just what you want out of a centre half.

STURTZ

Sheff Wednesday win tomorrow makes things interesting
Wednesday 3 :1 up!

Jim Dale

I loved the bit when @Jim Dale was attempting to show empathy for Argyle's plight when they went behind but couldn't quite put his bias to one side and said 'as much as we all like to see Argyle lose...'🤣🤣🤣
Hey! come on now…

I’m a highly experienced and highly professional broadcaster, who is acutely aware of his responsibilities to inform the listeners of all relevant developments across the whole County…

… who also happens to love it when Argyle lose 🤷‍♂️ 😉

I did go so far as to say that I wouldn’t want any club to suffer the way Torquay are/have… and that it’s good for all Devon clubs if the big three are thriving off the field, particularly.

I thinks it’s important to speak with authority and authenticity when calling City games. It’s not 5 live, so it’s not about being entirely impartial. If I am unprepared factually, or unwilling to show a sense of self to you while on air, I’ve done you all a disservice.

Glad our work was well received. Jon’s a lovely lad, and a real natural. We enjoyed yesterday a lot.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Depends if you understand where it comes from. The group I stand with understand it and it's just force of habit I suppose.......
Judge Jules innit?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hey! come on now…

I’m an experienced and highly professional broadcaster, who is acutely aware of his responsibilities to inform the listeners of all relevant developments across the whole County…

… who also happens to love it when Argyle lose 🤷‍♂️ 😉

I did go so far as to say that I wouldn’t want any club to suffer the way Torquay are/have… and that it’s good for all Devon clubs if the big three are thriving off the field, particularly.

I thinks it’s important to speak with authority and authenticity when calling City games. It’s not 5 live, so it’s not about being entirely impartial. If I am unprepared factually, or unwilling to show a sense of self to you while on air, I’ve done you all a disservice.

Glad our work was well received. Jon’s a lovely lad, and a real natural. We enjoyed yesterday a lot.
Do it again, do it again 😁