• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
There are rumours that the new owner is the owner of Brewdog. The link is his girlfriend is Georgia Toffolo.

Not convinced by this personally.
that's all over devon live

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
that's all over devon live
Didn't realise that. Must be false then.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
There are rumours that the new owner is the owner of Brewdog. The link is his girlfriend is Georgia Toffolo.

Not convinced by this personally.
I thinks she's Lost

Mid Devon Grecian

It's in GIs accounts for 2023/2 as to why they stopped funding.
The accounts say ‘property funding partners of the company withdrew support during March 2024, the result of which was TUAFC appointed administrators on 5/4/2024’

So the company had less financial resources, it doesn’t say the funding was related to a speculative property development in Torquay!!

eurogrecian

Well done Deano!

IMG_2633.jpeg

dontpassback

Another good win today which keeps them safe,let’s hope whoever buys them,does so for the right reasons !

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Another good win today which keeps them safe,let’s hope whoever buys them,does so for the right reasons !
Tbh what other reason would they? There's no chance of redeveloping the stadium and there's not much else that you'd consider an asset, If someone comes in and at that level I can't see them buying it for the wrong reason, There's nothing there for them.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
They were safe anyway to be fair

HarryECFC

The town centers and beachfront getting millions of funding, hotels like hilton who do a lot of market research before agreeing to invest in areas have opened up in the last year or two. I'd say it's actually probably a good investment if you've got a lot of money to pump into it to start to get it achieving success again.

I'm sure I'd read somewhere the Winklevoss brothers had invested heavily in some 6th tier club, not Torquay...

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Congratulations Deano you will always be one of our own