• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread - Kick off 2-00 PM

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jon Guthrie can expect a warm reception when he comes to SJP next. Personification of a revolting side of professional football.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Youtube highlights:

What an assist by Jules! Also think the red was a bit soft, but won't be rescinded
Was our second goal an og? I can't work out how Aimson would have got to the ball and managed to put the ball where it ended up from the position he was in.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was our second goal an og? I can't work out how Aimson would have got to the ball and managed to put the ball where it ended up from the position he was in.
Will kind of blocked it in as Hoskins tried to guide the ball away towards the corner flag for a throw. He should have put it out for a corner really.

grecIAN Harris

I hope we came across as loud and boisterous on the radio/iPlayer as we sounded in the ground.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope we came across as loud and boisterous on the radio/iPlayer as we sounded in the ground.
YES YOU DID !

Youtube highlights:

What an assist by Jules! Also think the red was a bit soft, but won't be rescinded
Some great scenes at the end there. Hopefully that chap with the crutch just to the left of the Aimson celebrating is okay after he got sent flying in the chaos!

grecIAN Harris

Some great scenes at the end there. Hopefully that chap with the crutch just to the left of the Aimson celebrating is okay after he got sent flying in the chaos!
Funniest scene of the day was Jake from our group stacking it off of the back row down three rows when celebrating the first goal.😆

Funniest scene of the day was Jake from our group stacking it off of the back row down three rows when celebrating the first goal.😆
The steward in for the 2nd also starts at the top and tumbles down taking out everyone in his way

PeteUSA

Anyway, back to the match....

Their keeper was rank awful throughout! Lumbering around he reminded me of Bobby Olejnik! Should have done much better with both our goals. How on earth did he allow the cross shot for the first that went in off the far post! Then our second, I'm not at all sure he knew what he was doing there, staggering about!

Mr Sinisalo had another steady game, making one or two crucial stops. If we hadnt won I would have made more about the shot he let in though, appearing to dive over the ball when he had an unobstructed view. He's all right though, in line for player of the season I would have thought.

STURTZ

Fair dos Pete. You started the thread on a game we were unlikely to win and yet we did it. Respect 👍