• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - sacked by Rotherham & employed by Bristol Rovers

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think that's harsh on those of us who are of average intelligence.
By definition half of the population are of below "average" intelligence (defined as the mean).

But most people don't understand statistics.

When I was in educational research (about 25 years ago), a survey was made of parents; over 80% said their own children were of above average intelligence.:ROFLMAO:

Stelios

Is this an iconic album? :unsure:

IMG_0593.jpeg

(fwiw I think the Anfield sign is iconic……. 🤫)

Last edited:

Bridgy 81

^^^^
I saw Prince at the O2 Arena in London in 2007.
He played there for 21 nights and his set was apparently significantly different every evening.
All tickets were £31.21 as a nod to his album 3121.
He coincided these shows with the release of his album Planet Earth which was given away in the Mail on Sunday!
The show was in the round and the stage was the shape of symbol which subsequently became his name.
He was an interesting character.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is this an iconic album? :unsure:

View attachment 15298

(fwiw I think the Anfield sign is iconic……. 🤫)
This was a question on Pointless today.

Mr Jinx

^^^^
He played there for 21 nights and his set was apparently significantly different every evening.
He coincided these shows with the release of his album Planet Earth which was given away in the Mail on Sunday!
The show was in the round and the stage was the shape of symbol which subsequently became his name.
I was there for one of those nights.

What was remarkable was that the setlists for each night were very different. Apparently only Purple Rain made it onto the setlist every night. It was a lottery; a pick n mix if you like, just not of your choosing.

The night we went, he played a 15 minute cover version of Play That Funky Music where he invited loads of ppl from the crowd up onto the stage to boogie down. I also went a little bit crazy when he played Take Me With U which made my evening. When he played Purple Rain, you knew you were witnessing a true musical genius (perhaps one of the last).

An absolute legend who is sorely missed here.

Anyway, what thread is this again?

Last edited:

geoffwp

I believe its the say it how you like thread.

Spoonz Red E

I believe its the say it how you like thread.
Well to be fair.
If it's King Matty Taylor we're talking about then he must have been the manager formerly known as prince.

Grecian Max

I was there for one of those nights.

What was remarkable was that the setlists for each night were very different. Apparently only Purple Rain made it onto the setlist every night. It was a lottery; a pick n mix if you like, just not of your choosing.

The night we went, he played a 15 minute cover version of Play That Funky Music where he invited loads of ppl from the crowd up onto the stage to boogie down. I also went a little bit crazy when he played Take Me With U which made my evening. When he played Purple Rain, you knew you were witnessing a true musical genius (perhaps one of the last).

An absolute legend who is sorely missed here.

Anyway, what thread is this again?
Surely the award for most wayward of posts in relation to a thread ever seen 😅

That being said, I read it all and found it informative

8/10

Stelios

By definition half of the population are of below "average" intelligence (defined as the mean).

But most people don't understand statistics.

When I was in educational research (about 25 years ago), a survey was made of parents; over 80% said their own children were of above average intelligence.:ROFLMAO:
Any excuse to post this clip

Gilbert

Well to be fair.
If it's King Matty Taylor we're talking about then he must have been the manager formerly known as prince.
^^^^
I remember watching Frankie Prince, which kinda gives us a link back to Brizzle Rovers!