• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Demetri Mitchell signs on for City

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
With Demi talking about making a hoody from his brand with ecfc connections, does that mean he’ll be signing a new deal with us?

View attachment 14912
Any news on this?

Pobbop

I know he's a good player, but I'm not as keen as some, injury plagued player is not my ideal.

Pmc grecian

I know he's a good player, but I'm not as keen as some, injury plagued player is not my ideal.
All gone quiet on this one

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
His greatest attribute was his pace so it depends whether his injury has had an impact or not

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
All gone quiet on this one
See my post on the previous page.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Sorry it Devonlies, but here's the story

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Always gonna be a risk, not the first knee injury Demi has suffered. But imagine a fully fit Mitchell terrorising that left wing, awesome prospect! Was a one man team for much of our early season last time, would love to see him working with the players that have developed in our team since those days.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately, for us to even be in with a shout of getting players of that quality there are going to be drawbacks, usually the fact they are 'injury plagued'.

If Demi wasn't injury prone there is not a chance in hell we'd have got him in the first place.

Pobbop

Unfortunately, for us to even be in with a shout of getting players of that quality there are going to be drawbacks, usually the fact they are 'injury plagued'.

If Demi wasn't injury prone there is not a chance in hell we'd have got him in the first place.
You maybe right, depends what type of wages he's offered, but no matter how good a player he is if he has a shot knee, they ain't worth much. Hhopefully the fact we've offered him a contract means that the prognosis is good.

I don't think it's particularly fair to suggest that his knee is crippled/shot or any other similar adjective, ACL injuries are far less likely to be career ending these days compared to decades gone past, although what can sometimes happen is a player completes his rehabilitation and then injures the ACL on the other leg due to over-strengthening the previously injured knee during the recovery phase, something I'm positive the Club's medical staff will be factoring into his rehab and hopefully given that there isn't a rush to return him to the pitch and we are looking to tie him down longer term, is something that is being safeguarded against as best as possible.

In my opinion he would be a fantastic player to re-sign and one that could make a significant difference to our performance in the coming seasons.

His pace will likely be unaffected from an ACL and one of the main positives I see with Demi isn't just his athletic capability, but also his versatility, and for a player of his quality to be versatile in position is a real strength.

We could play him as more of a wingback in GC's current structure but also, as he demonstrated a few times, he can play wide in a front three but also as a number 9 if needs be, and with his pace could be a real asset in games where we may be a little more defensive and need pace in behind/on the counter.

A no brainer for me and if we can get this done would be a real signal of intent.