• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jake Richards

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
16 years old and he is doing the press conference today!

iscalad

16 years old and he is doing the press conference today!
All payers in the academy are media trained. I think from under 16s.

I'm not sure i like players being media trained, it just makes them sound like robots. I've stopped thinking its the players fault now they just talk like they are told too.
On a bigger scale, for example there is no point in Harry Maguire being interviewed, You know what he's going to say.
For young lads like Richards, it'll be "I just need to keep my feet on the ground, keep improving etc"
Personally i'd prefer him to say..."Watch out for me, i'm going to be the best young midfielder in L1 next season" and put some chest into it.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure i like players being media trained, it just makes them sound like robots. I've stopped thinking its the players fault now they just talk like they are told too.
On a bigger scale, for example there is no point in Harry Maguire being interviewed, You know what he's going to say.
For young lads like Richards, it'll be "I just need to keep my feet on the ground, keep improving etc"
Personally i'd prefer him to say..."Watch out for me, i'm going to be the best young midfielder in L1 next season" and put some chest into it.
On the other hand, if you watch player interviews back in the day, they could barely string two words together. I'd rather have someone speaking eloquently even if only in platitudes than have an interviewer ask a question and the response being barely audible and monosyllabic.

As for Richards, watching him at Leyton Orient last Tuesday it's clear he is ready for week-in week-out involvement next season.

Spoonz Red E

On the other hand, if you watch player interviews back in the day, they could barely string two words together. I'd rather have someone speaking eloquently even if only in platitudes than have an interviewer ask a question and the response being barely audible and monosyllabic.

As for Richards, watching him at Leyton Orient last Tuesday it's clear he is ready for week-in week-out involvement next season.
I was amused yesterday, watching a link on another thread, to hear the Mousehole FC manager say he was 'over the moon'.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member

So would there be a need for Mr Carroll?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't imagine you need media training for a chat with Scott or Craig.

If he says something he shouldn't they'll just cut it out, not like he's talking to the Daily Mail.

iscalad

Can't imagine you need media training for a chat with Scott or Craig.

If he says something he shouldn't they'll just cut it out, not like he's talking to the Daily Mail.
What about when they play in the PL. All part of their education.

andrew p long

Yer tiz...

I like the way he bats away the 'U18s or first team next season?' question with a clearly expressed desire to be in the first team.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe if Luke had received some more media instruction he wouldn't have made the "scoring goals" faux pas on arrival. You know, the one which people have enjoyed battering him with.