• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale v Exeter City match day thread

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Away day Video, like all of our social media outlets, is another great example of why our media team are so good and so important to the club with what they do.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Back in December I was just blindly hoping that we could win a game. All managers need a little bit of fortune. GC had 2 IMO Sonny Cox coming back a better player than he was and Sinisalos penalty save to give us the win against Wycombe. Had that gone in and with the next 2 games versus Pompey and Reading (I think) his position may of became untenable being 16 games without a win. Ironically the the main striker we signed in Jan only played a small part in our upturn in form (Eisa).
I actually agree, if we hadn't beaten Wycombe (IN spite of the fact I am still angry it was even given), going to 16 games without a win would have surely been the final straw, assuming the Pompey and Reading results didn't change. instead though, that penalty being given and saved was a massive blessing for GC Himself imho, the whole atmosphere at SJP that day wasn't great, the game was squalid affair also, but that penalty save changed the whole atmosphere at the park and meant the final whistle SJP Was rocking deliriously, rather than, well that was crap, but at least we won.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Having now watched the entire match on the ifollow re-run, I can see why there is cause for optimism for the future

Richards looks the real deal and not out of place in League One even at 16. Alli can,it seems, competently play the (difficult) lone striker role in City/GC's system - something we've missed all season. Pedro again showed why he's a prospect.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster

Vale's version of a 360 video, for those who want to see our glorious comeback from a different angle.

Our third looks even better from this view.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Millenic Alli in the EFL team of the week

tonykellowfan

The 360 shows how good that 3rd goal is. Goal of the season.

Also I like the team response after we scored for 2-1, no nonsense, no back slapping, get back to the half way line and get on with the game.

Vale's kit is horrendous.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Should've qualified them for automatic relegation before a ball was kicked this season, IMO. Dreadful.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

Vale's version of a 360 video, for those who want to see our glorious comeback from a different angle.

Our third looks even better from this view.
Great to see @ 2:39 ish JR Hartley tracking back to help defend a Garrity goal with a little shove

cambmike

The 360 shows how good that 3rd goal is. Goal of the season.

Also I like the team response after we scored for 2-1, no nonsense, no back slapping, get back to the half way line and get on with the game.

GC made it clear after Orient that he didn't want players to live on the glory of a goal but get back on with getting more

budegrecian

The Away day Video, like all of our social media outlets, is another great example of why our media team are so good and so important to the club with what they do.
Indeed, fantastic stuff. & I'm delighted that this one is 10 mins+ again, rather some of the Away Days & 360's which haven't been so long.