• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tom Carroll

Jam Doughnut

I think Carroll is a player that you don't really notice but recently he seems to have been making a lot of mistakes. In the charlton game almost every corner he took didn't beat the first man and when in possession he gave the ball away more than he found one of our players.
In the cheltenham game he was the same but also made a few mistakes for their goal , looked tired and slow.
Maybe needs a rest.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Carroll is a player that you don't really notice but recently he seems to have been making a lot of mistakes. In the charlton game almost every corner he took didn't beat the first man and when in possession he gave the ball away more than he found one of our players.
In the cheltenham game he was the same but also made a few mistakes for their goal , looked tired and slow.
Maybe needs a rest.
I just don't think he is that good. Slows play down, loses possession and makes an effective pass 1 in 5. Ryan Woods on the other hand.... now you're talking!

STURTZ

When we signed Carrol I thought he was going to be one of those players that can only play the odd game, his injuries would affect the number of matches he could fulfil, but in fairness to Tom he has proved pretty resilient this season and played a lot of matches. I like him.

elginCity

Agree, has played a lot more games than many thought possible. Undoubtedly slows down any approach play though.

His defending calamitous and a bit lightweight for their goal, but then again the deft assist for our equaliser was sheer quality. On balance I think he adds value to the side.

Mid Devon Grecian

I like to see a strong spine in a team. We’ve missed that this season. Vil has certainly fulfilled the keeper part well and Aimson in general is a solid centre half. Needn’t say anything about the striking dept!

Carroll isn’t your commanding midfield presence. Woods imposes himself more and does more talking during the game, he can tackle and his passing is quality.

If we can get Woods in next season I’d let Carroll go and have Cole/Woods in centre mid with Woods being the midfield part of the ‘spine’ and Cole working his magic further up the pitch.

Charlie Cummins will be coming through in time as might Pedro and Jake Richards but we’d probably need one/two more experienced midfielders if Kite, Carroll & Taylor are released.

Think Tom will want a club closer to home, possibly Leyton Orient. I'd keep him given the chance as you can't go through a whole season with just Cole and Woods( if we are lucky enough to sign him) and would still need at least one other who can play effectively in this area. Interestingly in GC's interview with Sky Bet he stated we had the second lowest budget in L1, so signing someone of the quality of Woods isn't going to be easy.

Carroll has been good player for us, loved the quick 1st time pass for the Harris goal vs Cheltenham and thought he was MOM on Good Friday, I don’t get all the Carroll haters on here

iscalad

Carroll has been good player for us, loved the quick 1st time pass for the Harris goal vs Cheltenham and thought he was MOM on Good Friday, I don’t get all the Carroll haters on here
Exeweb always has to have a player or two to moan about. :p

Boyo

Exeweb always has to have a player or two to moan about. :p
Indeed. The number of people on here who genuinely thought Ryan Harley, for example, was a poor player, was incredible.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Charlie Cummins will be coming through in time as might Pedro and Jake Richards but we’d probably need one/two more experienced midfielders if Kite, Carroll & Taylor are released.
Two seasons before any of those are close to first team players I would imagine