• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Upgrade to the fan zone

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does it need to look like a thing of beauty? Isn't the idea to cover an uncovered area, allowing extra potential revenue in the winter months?

It's a covered bar in Exeter, not a building of culture in Rome ffs. Slap a roof up and get on with it.
Get Nick Knowles & Co around and it will be up for Charlton game -looks like gonna need it Saturday!

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Get Nick Knowles & Co around and it will be up for Charlton game -looks like gonna need it Saturday!
You might be a bit late if you're going to be there on Saturday.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
You might be a bit late if you're going to be there on Saturday.
Thanks for timely reminder - just about to book rail tickets for wrong day !

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

Boyo

I maybe reading too much into the artists impression, but the image appears to show the structure casting shadows on the floor, which suggests there may be re-tractable roofing, for when the sun shines?

Spoonz Red E

I maybe reading too much into the artists impression, but the image appears to show the structure casting shadows on the floor, which suggests there may be re-tractable roofing, for when the sun shines?
I think it's more likely the shadow from the stand with the structure having a transparent roof.
Important to realise this is a very simple spatial drawing with no frills - as evidenced by there being no sign of the Players' Entrance, Hospitality Entrance, SJC etc.

fred binneys head

I maybe reading too much into the artists impression
Said Exeweb.

Grecian Max

I don’t really get the issue - the people who drink at the ground have low standards of surroundings anyway 😂 There’s two ways to go about improving things - cheap and simple for those who like the car park or the working mans club inside or a full on revamp

Given the costs likely involved with the second option, and the high likelihood that the SJC would continue to be ignored by locals and students alike, regardless of facilities… I think the club have gone with the sensible idea

Grecian Max

Tbh, I’m wondering why we don’t do more to improve the pathetic food offering in the ground

It really is the lowest level of options, I get the restrictions but it misses the mark once inside

iscalad

Tbh, I’m wondering why we don’t do more to improve the pathetic food offering in the ground

It really is the lowest level of options, I get the restrictions but it misses the mark once inside
Part of the upgrade is for another outlet in the Nevada stand.