• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What book are you reading ...

The Wager by David Grann

true story about Royal Navy in 1742, 5 ships intent of travelling around Cape Horn to give it to the Spaniards. Scurvy, shipwreck, murder and mutiny...then back to blighty for recriminations, court martials etc. Great read

Has anyone read Crime by Irvine Welsh?
No, seen the TV series though...very gritty and dark

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Has anyone read Crime by Irvine Welsh?
No, but I thought I owned every book of his, so I need to get onto Amazon!

tea stand

No, seen the TV series though...very gritty and dark
The TV series is quite different from the book. Gritty and dark is Welsh's trademark along with humour! Anyway, check out chapter 5!

tea stand

No, but I thought I owned every book of his, so I need to get onto Amazon!
Check out chapter 5!

tea stand

For those that haven't read Crime (Irvine Welsh) there is a bit about Exeter City. The main character Lennox bumps into some Exeter City fans in a bar in Miami.

'One of the guys in the football tops catches his eye. They have English accents. West Country. A little bit drunk. The strips are Exeter City Football Club. He asks them if they've gotten any scores. They tell him Exeter have won. They hadn't heard any Scottish results. They chat, the Exeter lads expressing goodwill towards his team. Hearts. Lennox is surprised to hear that Exeter are no longer in the Football League. Its the Conference now. A crazy chairman. A financial crisis. These things happened.'
Apologies for quoting from the book but I couldn't resist. There's is a tiny bit more about the Exeter fans chanting in the bar but you will have to read it yourself!

grecIAN Harris

For those that haven't read Crime (Irvine Welsh) there is a bit about Exeter City. The main character Lennox bumps into some Exeter City fans in a bar in Miami.

'One of the guys in the football tops catches his eye. They have English accents. West Country. A little bit drunk. The strips are Exeter City Football Club. He asks them if they've gotten any scores. They tell him Exeter have won. They hadn't heard any Scottish results. They chat, the Exeter lads expressing goodwill towards his team. Hearts. Lennox is surprised to hear that Exeter are no longer in the Football League. Its the Conference now. A crazy chairman. A financial crisis. These things happened.'
Apologies for quoting from the book but I couldn't resist. There's is a tiny bit more about the Exeter fans chanting in the bar but you will have to read it yourself!
So that's how Jambo got into following City. I always wondered............

Radio Free Skaro

What's the book?

iscalad

What's the book?
Read the first line of the post.😀

Radio Free Skaro

Oh it's crime !!! Sorry misread thought that was the genre , not title!!!