• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2023/24 (Champions)

Martin Weiler

There may be some further ground developments at Exwick. It is now also the home of University of Exeter FC who play in the Devon Football League (non league Step 7). The University have applied for promotion to the Step 6 South West Peninsula League next season. The stadium would need some improvements to meet the ground grading requirements of this level. At present the ground only allows for spectators on one side. Another side would be needed for Step 6. Plus other improvements.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
There may be some further ground developments at Exwick. It is now also the home of University of Exeter FC who play in the Devon Football League (non league Step 7). The University have applied for promotion to the Step 6 South West Peninsula League next season. The stadium would need some improvements to meet the ground grading requirements of this level. At present the ground only allows for spectators on one side. Another side would be needed for Step 6. Plus other improvements.
Surely the Uni would be better putting a railing around one of their grass pitches at Topsham maybe

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
That will be interesting to see how that works. The first, seconds and the Uni all sharing the same who all play at the same time on the same day. Somebody's got to give.

grecIAN Harris

Surely the Uni would be better putting a railing around one of their grass pitches at Topsham maybe
That's already up to standard for when The Uni played in The Pennisular League.

Phillip

Standards have changed. You need floodlights within 2 years of promotion. The Unni will never get planning permission at their sports ground. That's why they plan on using Exwick Sports Hub.

grecIAN Harris

Standards have changed. You need floodlights within 2 years of promotion. The Unni will never get planning permission at their sports ground. That's why they plan on using Exwick Sports Hub.
The Uni aren't playing the same division as City. They'll be in the same league as the likes of Feniton, Sticker, Middlezoy and Ilminster. Unless something has changed at Feniton I know they haven't got lights. I can't imagine Sticker have got lights, Middlezoy I'm not so sure about as Middlezoy mens side are in the Western League these days and pretty sure I didn't see any floodlights at Ilminster when I drove past a couple of weeks ago but they do have a few pitches where they play.
Quite why you think The Uni wouldn't get permission to put some floodlights up at Topsham Road is a wonder given that the local councils seem hell bent on giving them whatever their hearts desire.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Edi

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Uni aren't playing the same division as City. They'll be in the same league as the likes of Feniton, Sticker, Middlezoy and Ilminster. Unless something has changed at Feniton I know they haven't got lights. I can't imagine Sticker have got lights, Middlezoy I'm not so sure about as Middlezoy mens side are in the Western League these days and pretty sure I didn't see any floodlights at Ilminster when I drove past a couple of weeks ago but they do have a few pitches where they play.
Feniton have permission for lights but no plans to installl due to the cost

grecIAN Harris

Feniton have permission for lights but no plans to installl due to the cost
Which begs the question, why aren't The Uni Womens side playing at Topsham Road on a proper pitch?

Phillip

You need lights within 2 years of joining the South West Peninsula League which basically means you need planning permission and FA grant approval by March 31st of the season before. The only teams in the SWPL East and West divisions currently without lights is Teignmouth and Truro Reserves. Okehampton, Honiton, Bude, Mullion have all had lights fitted in the last couple of years.