• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

wrekin

It’s incredible that Torquay are now 70 places below us in the leagues. In comparison, the top of the Premier League is 56 places above us. Mind the gap.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
It’s incredible that Torquay are now 70 places below us in the leagues. In comparison, the top of the Premier League is 56 places above us. Mind the gap.
Oh gawd...reminds me of the days when roles reversed..Torquay in League One , City in the Conference.

It was then mischievously pointed out to me that the Turks were as far ahead of City as they were behind Man Utd. Ouch!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Puts it into context for sure. On the Bristol Rovers Gaschat forum someone from Torquay was asking for support for a protest and financial donations but nothing has been put on here for some reason. Wonder what the Torquay fans would say if Mike Bateson offered to buy back the club now

dontpassback

There was also a Torquay fan on pasoti asking for a protest support for a game at plainmoor as well !

A big drop in attendances at the moment as well, as supporters boycott and stay away.

There will always be a train of thought that says you should stick by your team but what about when you almost hate the club you love? If we were owned by decent owners and were struggling in this league, I think everyone could get behind the club but it is difficult when our demise seems at best, negligent or worse, deliberate.

Supporter discontent is suppressed to such an extent that the club are jokingly being called North Korea FC but the removal of banners, filming of supporters chanting their feelings of anger, heavy-handed searches make going to Plainmoor even more unpleasant.

Defeat after defeat doesn’t matter at the moment. Results on the pitch are irrelevant in a way as there are much bigger issues to battle. I’m actually finding I want us to lose at the moment because the worse it gets the more likely it will trigger something and we need supporters to recognise their collective strength and mobilise.

The arrogance of the ownership is breathtaking and people like them shouldn’t be allowed to be around football clubs and I would rather be fan-owned and in the Western League than this slow strangulation of the club we are enduring now.

Radio Free Skaro

That's a great stat¬!!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
A big drop in attendances at the moment as well, as supporters boycott and stay away.

There will always be a train of thought that says you should stick by your team but what about when you almost hate the club you love? If we were owned by decent owners and were struggling in this league, I think everyone could get behind the club but it is difficult when our demise seems at best, negligent or worse, deliberate.

Supporter discontent is suppressed to such an extent that the club are jokingly being called North Korea FC but the removal of banners, filming of supporters chanting their feelings of anger, heavy-handed searches make going to Plainmoor even more unpleasant.

Defeat after defeat doesn’t matter at the moment. Results on the pitch are irrelevant in a way as there are much bigger issues to battle. I’m actually finding I want us to lose at the moment because the worse it gets the more likely it will trigger something and we need supporters to recognise their collective strength and mobilise.

The arrogance of the ownership is breathtaking and people like them shouldn’t be allowed to be around football clubs and I would rather be fan-owned and in the Western League than this slow strangulation of the club we are enduring now.
You need a political solution I feel. The council don't appear from previous encounters to be overly positive about your owner. I dont see any white knight riding in to take over from Clarke Osborne and your Trust couldn't take on debt of your magnitude and keeping TUFC in NLS. I don't see any other option than working up a plan for a phoenix club and starting over with the Trust then trying to find a new owner down the line. To do so you need leaders who can speak with authority to your MP but in particular to your landlord. Once you have gained tacit support get that meeting arranged and let people know that a proper boycott can achieve something. It appears from the outside that you have too much apathy and no leadership

Radio Free Skaro

I like the cut of your jib Granville

dontpassback

Clarke Osbornes track record with swindon speedway is a fine example of why he shouldn’t be anywhere near TUFC,however as with Lewis and Russell,getting rid is another matter,but I wish TUFC a and their supporters well,having experienced ECFC struggles with owners I wish them well

Radio Free Skaro

I like the cut of your jib Granville
Oh by the way, I would probably turn down the offer of a 'friendly' match between the Gulls and the Grecians this summer!!