• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Will Aimson joins on a permanent contract

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's clearly suffering with a loss of form at the moment, and it's a difficult spiral to get yourself out of, but I don't agree with the jeering when he was subbed. Yes it will have had no impact on his performance last night, but it will have an impact on him now and going into the next game. He's a good player who's struggling, we've seen the same with Alex this season and others. I hope he can come back strong as I like him as a player.

tavyred

The Boo Boys have got their new James Scott. Just like Scotty was their new Jake Caprice. 🙄

Philecfc

Could one of the boo boys please explain to the rest of us what good they think it does booing a player before the match or at any time during it

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another season? The blokes confidence is on the floor.

He's a decent defender but his head is all over the place. Part company in the summer I think.
Or get behind him and build that confidence back up. Hes not the only one at a low ebb

yticretexe

Gary youtube said:
I felt like, Will, tonight, coming in against their Speedy Wingers was was something we had to do.
look I think it's difficult in this stadium how he has to play in the atmosphere he has to play against is
difficult and I'd ask for a lot more support for him uh SNS was Filly behind (Sweens was fully behind it)

This is spot on, don't enjoy "gazball" but he defo says it as it is.

Will is an Exeter player and whilst he's here support the lad ffs. We need every player in this squad to be on the top of their game if we are to stay up. Imagine playing knowing every little mistake is going to get the crowd on your back.
Sweenz for all his brilliance has his weaknesses that both himself and Gary are aware of we and we need the squad to rotate.

Last edited:

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Case for the Aimson defence-

Came in cold after a long period out.
Played a little bit out of position as a RCB in a three
Was facing the best attack in the league
Was up against arguably the best individual in the league in Mason-Clarke
Was playing into a howling gale

I'm not writing the guy off... Wouldn't be in my XI, but think there's a decent player in there.

yticretexe

Case for the Aimson defence-

Played a little bit out of position as a RCB in a three
Was facing the best attack in the league
Was up against arguably the best individual in the league in Mason-Clarke
He played RB in a 4 so even further out of position.
We very much lined up at the start of the game in a 4-4-2 out of possession.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
He played RB in a 4 so even further out of position.
We very much lined up at the start of the game in a 4-4-2 out of possession.
True. Odd shape for with Niskanen on the wing and Harper so far back... Aimson at FB instead of Jules. Slightly odd.

Antony Moxey

The Boo Boys have got their new James Scott. Just like Scotty was their new Jake Caprice. 🙄
Rubbish, no they haven't and nor did they with any of the three. If you consistently turn in bad performances with little to nothing of note in between you're never going to be flavour of the month. Scott was a dreadful player while here, Aimson is a dreadful player here too. They deserve their criticisms - why is it always that when a poor player constantly turns in poor performances he automatically becomes a target for the 'boo boys' (such a childish phrase) and a scapegoat? Crap's crap.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree Aimson has been made a scapegoat by a certain section of the fans, I don't really understand why, Yes last night he was poor and he has been poor of late also (He was outstanding at the beginning of the season remember), but I don't really understand why booing him will make it all better during the game or to sarcastically celebrate when he is subbed

As I have said numerous times, I don't mind booing the group at the end of the game if they have been poor, You cannot just happy clap your way through these things, but during the match has never made sense to me.

Although at Half time I understood the boo's, I Just don't feel it was of benefit.