• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is it time for serious changes at the club

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wish I could like this 1,000 times. As I’ve said on here before, I don’t care where City play. In my short time on this earth I’ve seen them in 3 divisions, I’d happily watch them in NLS too if it came to it. I have no desire to be a Championship club and I don’t know why people think we have a right/should be there. Just my thoughts!
Another one of those throw away lines at the end there by to try and dismiss the arguement. Where has anybody suggested we have a right to be there? Nobody has. Where is it said we should be there? Maybe by the odd one of two who are a little over expectant. If we can do it, I want us to do it the right way but I don't want it to be a flash in the pan and for that to happen it's going to cost, that is just the natural order. That means those in control of the club are going to have to think bigger to make it a success.

ryancooper327

Another one of those throw away lines at the end there by to try and dismiss the arguement. Where has anybody suggested we have a right to be there? Nobody has. Where is it said we should be there? Maybe by the odd one of two who are a little over expectant. If we can do it, I want us to do it the right way but I don't want it to be a flash in the pan and for that to happen it's going to cost, that is just the natural order. That means those in control of the club are going to have to think bigger to make it a success.
Surely people saying we ‘should’ be there implies they believe we have a right to be there. I should have just commented ‘should’ rather than have a right maybe but that wasn’t the key point. It was mentioned a few times in the last 2/3 threads about moving stadium.

Andy_H

I think we could liven up the Trust AGM by having a Dragon's Den type event. Ed's superhero entrepreneurs make their presentation and are grilled by the Trust Board. But I am forgetting meetings/dialogue are for wimps and only those of us who are superhero entrepreneurs would understand anyway.
But we did and it was called The Trust elections, where Ed came LAST!

grecIAN Harris

Surely people saying we ‘should’ be there implies they believe we have a right to be there. I should have just commented ‘should’ rather than have a right maybe but that wasn’t the key point. It was mentioned a few times in the last 2/3 threads about moving stadium.
So you think an odd one or two who have little grasp on how we operate and where we've been previously (and I mean that in a financial way) is an en mass demand and right to be playing Championship football? Behave!! Yes, there are some people like me who want us to try and achieve bigger and better on the pitch. I want us to be the best we can be but I want it done properly so we can sustain it but at the moment I don't think we have the support to facilitate it off of the pitch.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Football is not a business where people make money out of running football clubs. Football clubs lose money. Money is made in football by players, agents, TV companies, etc. The clubs are the funnel for the cash.

The remit of a business tends to be primarily to make money. Most football clubs don't even have this on their to-do list. Running a club to make money would involve the immediate decision to liquidate all assets. The idea of running a club 'like a business' is a nonsense.

fred binneys head

Football is a Marxist industry - the money goes to the value creators and not to the owners of capital. We just don’t like it because we care about the capital more than the value creators 👍

IndoMike

Football is a Marxist industry - the money goes to the value creators and not to the owners of capital. We just don’t like it because we care about the capital more than the value creators 👍
Never realized your dad was a Marxist, Fred?😉

fred binneys head

Wasn’t a Marxist industry in those days!

geoffwp

Why is it I get the impression Ian that you always want to be somewhere else and when you get there you still aren't satisfied and want again to be somewhere else. We have to think bigger for success? The thing with that mindset is it never ends. There is always bigger, always somewhere higher to be. What about the now? I think we have been successful and are successful now. Why chase what you already have? What on earth is so glorious further up the pyramid that we don't have now?

geoffwp

I don't agree with those prices, and I disagreed with the way they handled the Flybe situation, but it would be churlish not to admit that they have been anything other than incredibly successful these past few years and have become a household name in the UK, which has made Chiefs fans immensely proud. And I say that as someone who never watches rugby and doesn't even like the sport. You simply have to admire what they've done and where they've come from. Most of all they believed.
Rubbish. I do not believe there is a chiefs fan any prouder of their club than I, and many other city fans, are of our club.