• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sit Down for the Sausage Train - new episode of The Big Bank Theory Podcast!

jon_shoe

Hi all, new episode of the podcast up now...

The Big Bank Theory is a podcast about Exeter City FC. In this episode, we scour our memories to recall the first Wembley play off final, and the season that led to it.

Apple:https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-big-bank-theory/id1451846387?i=1000470726849

youtube:

podcast app: https://podcast.app/sit-down-for-the-sausage-train-e92059930/?utm_source=ios&utm_medium=share

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/3LLOWo6p1cBpq6zRfS3StH?si=PtfKDftxQJq7b8PCnMBxsA

facebook: www.facebook.com/bigbankpod

twitter: @bigbankpod

hope you’re all ok

Red Monster

Well done lads keep up the good work.

Also it was Tully that scored the winning penalty at Oxford,
Logan had the chance to win it but had his saved.

jon_shoe

Well done lads keep up the good work.

Also it was Tully that scored the winning penalty at Oxford,
Logan had the chance to win it but had his saved.
Ah crap, I’d completely forgotten that! Blame my dodgy Medium Wave Radio!

Leads

What I really like about the podcast is that you don't take it or yourselves as football supporters too seriously- some of the details are often wrong but it doesn't really matter, it feels a lot more honest and real (I realise that comes across as an oxymoron). I listen to other football podcasts where they seem to know every minute detail and start reeling off pass completion statistics or average dribbles per game from the 2014/15 season and to be honest it's just not very interesting. I much prefer the emotional aspect to the sport, not the mathematical analysis.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apart from the dreadful atmosphere the only other thing I remember from the first play-off final was having the misfortune to sat close enough to Martin Rice to witness him acting like he a complete idiot. For those who don't remember he had played in both legs of the semi-final but Tisdale had told him a few days before the final he was going to be dropped. Rice, who was already going to be out of contract after some previous shenanigans, then decided he wasn't going to sit on the bench but would watch the match from the stands with his mates instead.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hated the day out at Wembley. Some people would be better off watching from the comfort of their bed.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apart from the dreadful atmosphere the only other thing I remember from the first play-off final was having the misfortune to sat close enough to Martin Rice to witness him acting like he a complete idiot. For those who don't remember he had played in both legs of the semi-final but Tisdale had told him a few days before the final he was going to be dropped. Rice, who was already going to be out of contract after some previous shenanigans, then decided he wasn't going to sit on the bench but would watch the match from the stands with his mates instead.
That’s where I was too. What a bunch of tw@ts.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Complete contrast with Bobby and Christy a couple of years ago in the play offs.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
That’s where I was too. What a bunch of tw@ts.
Thanks for confirming this did actually happen. As i was typing it I was beginning to doubt my memory as it's not something I've seen discussed much.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Complete contrast with Bobby and Christy a couple of years ago in the play offs.
And with pretty much every other City player in history. Can't remember too many others who've reacted to being dropped by refusing to be on the bench and got drunk with their mates instead.