• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Top 10 City Scorers Of The Modern era.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure when the "Modern Era" started but Christian Roberts scored 18 in 65 appearances and was as exciting a player as I have seen at City. His goal against Slime was sensational!
He fits the era according to the OP.

Alistair20000

It's a pretty sorry state of affairs when Logan makes a top ten goalscorers list :ROFLMAO:
Oy. The man is a feckin’ legend.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure when the "Modern Era" started but Christian Roberts scored 18 in 65 appearances and was as exciting a player as I have seen at City. His goal against Slime was sensational!
Roberts was a super exciting player on his day... But a bit unreliable. Outstanding highlights reel. Actually 18 in 65 is better stats than I thought. Especially as at least some of those games was Blakey playing him as a wingback.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
not really mate he did score 40 goals for us
A couple of those were very important ones too.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some of our better goalscorers are not always players whose main job is to score goals, as we see with Harley, Wheeler and Nicky Law.

If we're just looking at out and out strikers, I would only include these players, in order of goalscoring capability and relevant to level they played at for us, and this is only for players in my time as City fan, mid 70s onwards

1 Kellow
2 Cureton
3 Rowbotham
4 Stockley
5 Mackie
6 Logan
7 Bowman
8 Flack
9 Devine (to be fair, I didn't see many games when he was with us because of distance but he only played non league)

Christian Roberts and Ollie Watkins are the two most singularly talented players I've seen in a City shirt (big shout also to Alan Beer) but for me they are not really out and out strikers even if that is where Ollie is currently playing at Brentford.

IndoMike

Can't leave Alan Banks out of the equation or Fred Binney. Jepson scored a few, too.

Kellow
Cureton
Banks
Binney
Rowbothan
Beer
Stockley
Devine
Jepson
Mackie

Based on a combination of goals and quality

Banksy

I didn’t think we were allowed the likes of Kellow and Banks hence my early post querying it.
Of course they’d be top of the pile along with Binney and Beer and don’t forget Stevie Neville and while we’re at it I’ll throw in Ted Calland.Well , I remember him anyway.But as I say Mike I think we’re debarred from including all of them!

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gave us good service for nearly ten years though didn’t he ,and scored a few goals in the process.Must have been one of our all time highest overall goal scorers?
Harley played 232 times for us over various times, some loan spells, scored 40 goals (every one was memorable) fell away a bit towards the end but still averaged a goal every .17 of a match, not bad for a midfielder.

Coppinger averaged .15 but was played a striker with us, a position he was not comfortable with.

Flack scored every .22 of a match, out an out striker?
[/QUOTE]
Not sure on your stats there, Sturtz. A goal every. 15 of a match is 6 or 7 goals a game!

jimmy

Sorry to assign the task...I'm sure there are a few who will enjoy it!

Can someone post the top ten goals to game ratio for City? (Competitive fixtures + minimum of 20 appearances).

Cheers beys!

Red Devon

Some of our better goalscorers are not always players whose main job is to score goals, as we see with Harley, Wheeler and Nicky Law.

If we're just looking at out and out strikers, I would only include these players, in order of goalscoring capability and relevant to level they played at for us, and this is only for players in my time as City fan, mid 70s onwards

1 Kellow
2 Cureton
3 Rowbotham
4 Stockley
5 Mackie
6 Logan
7 Bowman
8 Flack
9 Devine (to be fair, I didn't see many games when he was with us because of distance but he only played non league)

Christian Roberts and Ollie Watkins are the two most singularly talented players I've seen in a City shirt (big shout also to Alan Beer) but for me they are not really out and out strikers even if that is where Ollie is currently playing at Brentford.
On Devine in his heyday at Barnet and Wycombe to me he was one of the most impressive and feared strikers we used to come up against he was absolutely dripping in goals back then for those clubs...unfortunately he was never the same player after suffering a season long injury at Wycombe before he joined us....still did pretty well though.