• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season tickets 2020/21 (and refunds for 2019/20)

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think the clubs timing is wrong with so many supporters going into an uncertain future.
As usual you like to do a bit of "Club Bashing" now the women's team season has been finished you haven't got that, As others have said, It is not compulsary to buy your season tickets now, It says "If you're able to" It is down to people if they buy now or not, Some will because they can but quite a few won't because they know they have to watch the pennies until this is over with and have more important things to spend their money on like food etc

Spoonz Red E

There is never going to be a good time in a situation like this is there? The club needs to try and function as a business throughout this period as best it can. I do think they could be making it a lot easier for fans to buy as I've said but they have to plan ahead for the new season and assume there will be one.
There usually is an option for monthly payments but this has to be timed so that we still get monies before matches.
e.g. payment by instalment set up so that by the time the first match is played it has been paid for and so on.
Otherwise the scheme would be a credit arrangement rather than an advance payment one.
The monthly payments offer is usually put together once fixture dates are known.

Dannyred

As usual you like to do a bit of "Club Bashing" now the women's team season has been finished you haven't got that, As others have said, It is not compulsary to buy your season tickets now, It says "If you're able to" It is down to people if they buy now or not, Some will because they can but quite a few won't because they know they have to watch the pennies until this is over with and have more important things to spend their money on like food etc
Once again PR or Marketing is not your thing and something the club have been lacking including this now.

Now was Not the time to bring out next seasons offer for season tickets, the word insensitive comes to mind.

The country is in a serious crisis and people are dying, The NHS is struggling to operate but hey ho season tickets are on sale for the season after the one we haven’t yet completed or even know if or when we will.

More to life at the moment than football.

OmanGrecian

Once again PR or Marketing is not your thing and something the club have been lacking including this now.

Now was Not the time to bring out next seasons offer for season tickets, the word insensitive comes to mind.

The country is in a serious crisis and people are dying, The NHS is struggling to operate but hey ho season tickets are on sale for the season after the one we haven’t yet completed or even know if or when we will.

How is this insensitive? Every business right now needs income more than ever. What about the background staff at the club? Income needs to come in from somewhere, otherwise there may be no football club, and therefore no jobs for the staff to return to.

Scott_Palfrey

I really find it very offensive and insensitive that you continuously state the club is lacking at PR and Marketing, I feel it's something that has improved a lot over the last few years. We are a VERY small team and work a huge amount of extra hours than we are paid for to do as much promoting as we can on extremely limited budgets.

But don't let that get in the way of your club bashing.

DB9

You're right there are more important things going on and I'm not and never have been in marketing or PR and by your past remarks neither are you, I will say this again since you don't get it, Its not compulsary to buy a season ticket, Nor are the club using emotional blackmail, they have said if you're able to they are available to buy, We are all hoping next season starts but its fluid situation we are in and if that season can't start then the club will i'm sure refund anyone who wants to

Last edited:

Legohead

Banned
There usually is an option for monthly payments but this has to be timed so that we still get monies before matches.
e.g. payment by instalment set up so that by the time the first match is played it has been paid for and so on.
Otherwise the scheme would be a credit arrangement rather than an advance payment one.
The monthly payments offer is usually put together once fixture dates are known.
That's fine Spoonz but i'm saying the club could make an exception for this coming season so that it can help out as many fans as possible and entice as many fans as possible to buy season tickets. Make it a 6 month plan and if anybody fails to make payment then just invalidate their ticket so that they can't use it until they have paid.

Spoonz Red E

... and more to life than COVID-19.

It's perfectly possible to be concerned and empathetic regarding the impact of the current crisis without giving undue deference to misery.
The NHS is struggling to operate but hey ho season tickets are on sale for the season.
We're not asking NHS staff to sell them.
.. the word insensitive comes to mind
As it does to my mind when I read these ill-timed put downs of attempts to, you know, maintain as much normality as is possible during tough times.

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

That's fine Spoonz but i'm saying the club could make an exception for this coming season so that it can help out as many fans as possible and entice as many fans as possible to buy season tickets. Make it a 6 month plan and if anybody fails to make payment then just invalidate their ticket so that they can't use it until they have paid.
The issue is in whether it's an advance payment scheme or a credit scheme.
Credit schemes have different controls and liabilities and would have to be done through a third party for the financing as the Club is not allowed to offer credit schemes.
This would increase cost and add other qualification barriers to those seeking to take advantage.

The aim is always to offer the monthly payment option as soon as possible.

Legohead

Banned
Fair enough Spoonz