• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season tickets 2020/21 (and refunds for 2019/20)

Legohead

Banned
Total scumbag. Greed and selfishness personified.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Total scumbag. Greed and selfishness personified.
This is the man who thought his shop was an "Essential Workplace" and wanted to stay open! No wonder a takeover is a pipe dream, Who would want to deal with him?

David Treharne

John William wrote:
" Everyone will of course make their own mind up about this. Some will not want to commit several hundred pounds in current circumstances. I imagine we all understand and sympathise with that."

Surely the point is that this is a suggestion, not an imperative. To each according to their means seems to be a good yardstick. If you can afford it then it seems like a quite sensible suggestion. If you can't, nobody is going to think the worse of you. When we were raising money through "Red or Dead" * several people said they couldn't raise the full sum, but gave what they could. Our Club is run by people who have an accute awareness of financial imperatives (honest it is!)

* Look at the notice board by entrance to the IP stand if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Bittners a Legend

It would be foolish of the club not to send this out now. An early bird extending until June is pretty generous.

If you want to help the club and buy now you can, if not then nobody is going to force you.

Legohead

Banned
Can there not be an instalment plan set up though? Those who can pay up front can do so and those that can't may still be enticed into buying one if they can pay by monthly instalments. The club still end up getting the money in the end. I would buy a season ticket now if I could pay in instalments to help the club even though I only will get to a handful of home games but if I have to pay in full it is to costly and I won't be able to do that.

The monthly plan will also make it more affordable and accessible for a lot of fans who may now be struggling financially with the ramifications of the virus. Surely it's good business sense to realize that we are in an unprecedented situation and it a business wants to encourage custom it needs to be more flexible.

Boyo

I think the Club have done the right thing. The crucial element for me is that the deadline for the cheapest ticket is not until June. I think if the deadline was much earlier it would perhaps place unfair pressure on people who would like an early bird season ticket, but have some financial worries due to the current situation. If come June things have not become clearer, I think the Club should look to extend the deadline.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
An excellent little video from the Club

Dannyred

I think the clubs timing is wrong with so many supporters going into an uncertain future.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think the clubs timing is wrong with so many supporters going into an uncertain future.
Don't buy one then. It's not compulsory.

Legohead

Banned
There is never going to be a good time in a situation like this is there? The club needs to try and function as a business throughout this period as best it can. I do think they could be making it a lot easier for fans to buy as I've said but they have to plan ahead for the new season and assume there will be one.