• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The threat of Coronavirus to ECFC

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
2nd Orient player confirmed with COVID-19

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
There was a feckin' fox prowling around in the orchard this morning. Keep two metres distant you furry fecker. We are self isolating.
Loving the alliteration Alistair.... :)

Legohead

Banned
Well I bought some shorts from the club shop yesterday and will not be asking for a refund on my pre purchased Morecambe tickets in the NOG so i'm doing my little bit. :p

IBA

Further positive news from Italy, rates of new cases down again yesterday, this is the lowest number of new cases since March 18th, indicating that their lockdown is working.

IBA

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If you or your kids are bored then The Terrace have made their colouring book available for free as a download. Visit

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Advice and guidance from the Club

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am on the lookout for when we have good news from the figures. There seem to be some really talented mathematicians on here who might be able to help. It would be a good sign when the *rate of increase* starts to slow ( rather than either total numbers or the number of new cases per day)

i was following the number of new cases each day. On average they we’re going up about 20% each day. So if there ten new cases yesterday you would expect 12 new cases today. That arithmetic is of course frightening because it means cases per day quadrupling in a week. And that means from one per day within a month you get 250 per day. In two months over 60,000 per day and in three months almost everyone who is going to get it has done so. So sooner or later that rate of increase must slow

unfortunately this has been the early pattern, first with cases then with deaths. And it appears that the rate of increase may itself have increased in recent days.Indeed the Prime minister says it will continue to get worse before it gets better.

so I am reduced to hoping that the number of deaths today is no
higher than yesterday (260) +20%= 312. am I right in thinking this would be a start? ( and doubtless a seven day moving average comparing the last seven days to the seven before would iron out random daily fluctuations)