• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exclusive interview with Paul Tisdale

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I received this on our email and am happy to post
Hello! I hope you're well. I'm Benjamin Clark, Social Media Manager at The Coaches' Voice.

Last night, we uploaded an interview with former Exeter manager Paul Tisdale which we feel would be of interest to your forum. He talks about taking charge of Exeter at 33, rebuilding the team from the club's youth, returning the club back to the Football League, achieving back-to-back promotions and the heartache of losing consecutive playoff finals.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was never going to be any different was it?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I received this on our email and am happy to post

Not sure I want to read this. Is it all me, me, me?

Ian Tarr

Not an interview at all, is it?

Just a self-penned, self-justification, much of which, of course, is true. The bitterness may have mellowed, but it still lingers.

IndoMike

It's true that Tisdale did a lot for City and he obviously was p*ssed off when his rolling contract was not renewed (he tends not to mention it was the rolling aspect of his contract that the Trust was concerned about, especially considering our dreadful home record).
But the article from DL was published May 3rd and you'll see Tisdale was 2/5 favourite to join MK at that time. As a result, I find it hard to believe that Tisdale needed time to think about his future after the playoff final.
It might be true that Tisdale hadn't yet made up his mind, but 2/5 seems like a done deal to me.
Tisdale had every right to leave City despite the offer of a new and improved deal, but the article that Hants' attached does suggest he misses us more than we miss him

Alistair20000

Not sure I want to read this. Is it all me, me, me?
I have read it and there is a lot of me, me, me in it.

The heavy lifting of financial recovery from the abyss had been done before he rocked up of course but by way of perspective the piece reminds me of the back to back promotions and the 8th place in League 1.

Not everything about the Cheesemeister was bad.

C j phill

Looks like he's trying to get his name back in the frame for potential jobs.

As well as this article, there's 2 X one hour interview on the EFL podcast website which are interesting to hear.

The second interview provides more information, from Tisdale's perspective of his latter stages with City. He goes in to some detail about the contract negotiations, and I'd be interested to hear Julian Tagg and Nick Hawker's views, in order to get a element of balance. Tisdale's views about how we would have coped, if we had beaten Blackpool in the play-off final surprised me. He thought that team was the best he had, through his whole time at City and would have done very well in League One!!

Grecian_Matt

Love him or hate him..

He helped the club through a very difficult time and gave me my best memories as a supporter of ECFC.
I was sad to see him go, although he had changed his style of play from attractive attacking football to over cautious hoofing.

IndoMike

Looks like he's trying to get his name back in the frame for potential jobs.

As well as this article, there's 2 X one hour interview on the EFL podcast website which are interesting to hear.

The second interview provides more information, from Tisdale's perspective of his latter stages with City. He goes in to some detail about the contract negotiations, and I'd be interested to hear Julian Tagg and Nick Hawker's views, in order to get a element of balance. Tisdale's views about how we would have coped, if we had beaten Blackpool in the play-off final surprised me. He thought that team was the best he had, through his whole time at City and would have done very well in League One!!
He's picked a bad time.

dontpassback

He chose to leave us,that was his choice that he didn’t take up the clubs offer,he moved onto pastures new and got Mk promoted,he got us promoted and did well,but I don’t want to read about Paul Tisdale end of !