• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter v Salford build-up and guess work

GJW

Right, let’s just move on shall we?

2-2 in front of 5183. Our home form is good, solid. Their away form is very impressive. Last five away games they have scored 10 and conceded 2. Won 4 and drawn 1. Should be interesting to see the team selection for this match.

i8cornwall

1-1 draw with city creating loads but not able to get the win.

I’m not at the match next Saturday due to the wife wanting to be taken away for her birthday (I know selfish of her) so we will probably win.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
3-0 city (bowman, law, Williams).

Back on track with Swindon, Crewe and argyle all losing their away games.

Come on you reds.

GJW

1-1 draw with city creating loads but not able to get the win.

I’m not at the match next Saturday due to the wife wanting to be taken away for her birthday (I know selfish of her) so we will probably win.
If she wants to be taken away for her Birthday why not surprise her and drive to Exeter. Chuck her some money to go shopping for a couple of hours and meet her later for celebrating and evening shenanigans.

i8cornwall

If she wants to be taken away for her Birthday why not surprise her and drive to Exeter. Chuck her some money to go shopping for a couple of hours and meet her later for celebrating and evening shenanigans.
Haha I tried that, in fairness and full credit she is letting me slip away for a couple hours to catch a match on the Saturday while we are up there.

grecIAN Harris

Team for Salford, Ward; Sweeney, A Martin, Parkes; Williams, Atangana, Taylor, Law; Jay; Ajose, Bowman.
It's noticeable that Ajose has scored more regularly when he's played in the same side as Jay but you can't leave Law out so the only way you can get the three in is for Law to play from the left. Archie needs a rest. He's the only one of the main midfield four that hasn't had one one way or another and we could do with our captain playing his leading role at the moment.

IndoMike

Team for Salford, Ward; Sweeney, A Martin, Parkes; Williams, Atangana, Taylor, Law; Jay; Ajose, Bowman.
It's noticeable that Ajose has scored more regularly when he's played in the same side as Jay but you can't leave Law out so the only way you can get the three in is for Law to play from the left. Archie needs a rest. He's the only one of the main midfield four that hasn't had one one way or another and we could do with our captain playing his leading role at the moment.
With this line-up how do we attack down the left side? And how do we defend down either side? Salford would attack us down the wings. Too narrow.
Lets give Randall a chance just to change things a bit.
Your line-up is too ploddy.

exeter-loyal

It's a game we have to win and I hope MT gets them pumped for this. High scoring game which we will come out on top, I hope!

Grecian_Matt

Unless Salford go down to 10 men, we won't win this.
Leaking poor goals and not scoring enough.

Martin and Jay have to start, then pick the team around them.. Also maybe start with Ajose instead of Bowman.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Weather looks quite good from tomorrow onwards so hopefully the pitch will dry out a bit. Every game is a cup final now.

A surprisingly comfortable 2-0 victory. Law and Bowman. Att: 4756.