• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grecians 1 Chiefs 0

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Student ticket was much abused in the past.
Its only right that it’s bona fide students who can purchase it.
I got a student season ticket when I took a OU course. I was in my 30s.
Gerry Francis spoiled it for me though 😞

Oldsmobile-88

I tried and couldn't get away with it. The grandchildren must have given me away. :sneaky:
Someone I knew a few years back(he should have known better) was using a student card into his mid 50s 😮.
Obviously you get mature students but he was never challenged to show what course he was studying 😁

IndoMike

Someone I knew a few years back(he should have known better) was using a student card into his mid 50s 😮.
Obviously you get mature students but he was never challenged to show what course he was studying 😁
I'm an immature student..

Alistair20000

Unless, that is, it's a dictat

Unless, that is, it's a diktat from Tony Rowe which has prompted this behaviour; hard to believe a seasoned PR such as Mark Stevens wouldn't have foreseen the damage that this approach would do to the club.
At face value it appears a terrible blunder but let us await developments and explanations. Although embarrassing, 'fessing up to a simple c*ck up would limit the damage

dontpassback

It’s all about the money at the chiefs,on their unofficial FB page someone has posted that they will have to move from the main stand where they have season tickets because they have a child season ticket and unless they upgrade the child’s ticket to an adult one they will lose their seats,what a way to look after your supporters !!!!

IndoMike

At face value it appears a terrible blunder but let us await developments and explanations. Although embarrassing, 'fessing up to a simple c*ck up would limit the damage
Obviously this was the implementation of a policy, not a spontaneous action.
The fact that the Chiefs are making "no comment" suggests that this was a thoughtless, commercial action which they cannot confess to, hence the silence.
They should have said that any prize tickets for (ex) Flybe staff for this season will be honoured.
Considering the fuss they (quite rightly) made about the Saracens, it is ironic that they should make an ethical faux pas themselves.

EGTE

Does allowing former Flybe staff free entry to tonight's U23 game really cut the mustard?
Surely, in order to be meaningful, that offer should be applied to a League 2 game.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does allowing former Flybe staff free entry to tonight's U23 game really cut the mustard?
Surely, in order to be meaningful, that offer should be applied to a League 2 game.
It's more than Chiefs offered! ;)

Tim Long

I shall be turning up to every game for the rest of the season dressed as an air stewardess just in case.

Oldsmobile-88

I shall be turning up to every game for the rest of the season dressed as an air stewardess just in case.
Aye aye...The usual weekend gear then Tim 😁😎