• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Flybe Struggling (as ever)

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
That’s great. Just great . Hours after I had booked flights for 3 weeks time. I’d say I have no hope of a refund . Hopefully a decent airline like Ryan Air can go in there and show them how to run an airline properly

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
i feel your pain, but few industries and businesses will escape unscathed from the Coronavirus battering.
Survival from the impacts is the thing.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I get over it but it’s the poor staff you feel for. It was always a handy route via Dublin . I heard rumours of Ryan air going in there , hopefully it’s true . Better start walking if I want to be there for Bradford on the 28th!

IndoMike

Anyway, a bitter blow to Flybe's employees, airport workers, suppliers, users, and the City of Exeter.
A fragile company like Flybe was unlikely to survive the impact of coronavirus.
A big shame. The positive is the reduction of carbon emissions, assuming people turn to the railway - gulp!

IndoMike

I get over it but it’s the poor staff you feel for. It was always a handy route via Dublin . I heard rumours of Ryan air going in there , hopefully it’s true . Better start walking if I want to be there for Bradford on the 28th!
Under normal circumstances you'd think another airline would jump in, but maybe later when things have cleared up a bit.
I guess Ryanair could sponsor Bowman.
Good luck, anyway.

malcolms

That’s great. Just great . Hours after I had booked flights for 3 weeks time. I’d say I have no hope of a refund . Hopefully a decent airline like Ryan Air can go in there and show them how to run an airline properly
If O'Leary is the question, then insulting the customer, strap hanging and paying for the loo is the answer.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep he’s definitely rough and ready BUT his airline gets you there on time for a fraction of the cost of bigger airlines . We all moan about him as a person but it’s why Ryanair are so successful as a no frills airline . Don’t bet against them taking over some of Flybe’s routes

Oldsmobile-88

Under normal circumstances you'd think another airline would jump in, but maybe later when things have cleared up a bit.
Indeed..with the current climate(no pun intended)around the aviation industry...Monarch & Thomas Cook airlines have both gone in recent times.

A black day for the economy of this area.

StroudGrecian

So how does this affect sponsorship for City? Have Flybe paid up for the season or should we be looking to secure a new deal elsewhere ASAP?

denzel

Yep he’s definitely rough and ready BUT his airline gets you there on time for a fraction of the cost of bigger airlines . We all moan about him as a person but it’s why Ryanair are so successful as a no frills airline . Don’t bet against them taking over some of Flybe’s routes
They would cherry pick. They are only interested in high volumes. They won't go from Exeter to Belfast or Glasgow to Benbecula.